The Bride of Peladon
|The Bride of Peladon|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Executive producer||Nicholas Briggs
|Release date||January 2008|
On the planet of Peladon the young King awaits his bride, a princess from Earth, whom he has never met. The marriage has been arranged for political reasons but the King's grandmother does not approve. With different off-worlders arriving, mysterious deaths happening and a voice manipulating events, it's up to the Doctor and his companions to prevent an ancient evil from rising.
- The Doctor — Peter Davison
- Peri — Nicola Bryant
- Erimem — Caroline Morris
- Beldonia — Phyllida Law
- Voice — Jenny Agutter
- Pelleas — Christian Coulson
- Pandora — Yasmin Bannerman
- Zixlyr — Nicholas Briggs
- Alpha Centauri — Jane Goddard
- Frankis — Richard Earl
- Elkin — Peter Sowerbutts
- Foreman — Philip Childs
- Miner — Thomas Brodie-Sangster
- This audio drama is a sequel to the Third Doctor serials The Curse of Peladon and The Monster of Peladon. Besides the Doctor, Alpha Centauri is the only other character to appear in all three stories.
- This is the fourth Big Finish audio drama to feature the Ice Warriors, following Red Dawn, Frozen Time and a brief cameo appearance in Bang-Bang-a-Boom!.
- The Osirans were introduced in the Fourth Doctor television story Pyramids of Mars.
- Yasmin Bannerman appeared in the Ninth Doctor television episode "The End of the World", as Jabe.
- Thomas Brodie-Sangster has appeared in the Tenth Doctor television episodes "Human Nature" and "The Family of Blood" as well as another Fifth Doctor audio, The Mind's Eye.
- Phyllida Law played Bea Nelson-Stanley in The Sarah Jane Adventures story Eye of the Gorgon.
- This is Erimem's departure story.
- At the end of the play, Peri says to the Doctor that she will not be leaving (like Erimem) because she marries "some alien king". However, she does in fact end up marrying "some alien king" at the end of The Trial of a Time Lord.
- Big Finish Productions - The Bride of Peladon
- The Bride of Peladon at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|