The Brittons Academy
|The Brittons Academy|
|Department for Education URN||136576 Tables|
|Age||11 to 16|
|Enrolment||904- as of January 2015[update]|
|Houses||Mandela, Moore, Shakespeare, Westwood|
The school first opened in 1952 as a bilateral Technical School for pupils aged 11 to 15. Technical students were transferred to the newly opened Abbs Cross Technical High School in 1958, and Brittons was redesignated as a coeducational secondary modern school. In 1973 the school was redesignated as a comprehensive school, and by 1981 the school was operating a sixth form for pupils aged up to 18. The sixth form provision was removed in 1990 due to local authority restructuring and Brittons became an 11-16 school. It gained Specialist Technology college status in 2001, and became a Foundation School in 2009.
- "A Message from our Principal". The Brittons Academy. Retrieved 15 October 2018.
- "House Points". The Brittons Academy. Retrieved 2018-01-28.
- "The Brittons Academy". Brittons.havering.sch.uk. Retrieved 2013-08-28.
- "The Brittons Academy Trust, ref. 136576". Ofsted. 21 June 2017. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
- The Brittons Academy official website
- "School History (archived)" (PDF). The Brittons Academy. Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 December 2014. Retrieved 26 July 2017.
|This London school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|