The Brooklyn Paper
|Headquarters||One MetroTech Center|
The Brooklyn Paper is a weekly broadsheet that covers news related exclusively to the New York City borough of Brooklyn. The Brooklyn Paper covers news and cultural events that have taken place throughout the borough, using different mastheads for neighborhoods such as Park Slope, Brooklyn Heights, Bay Ridge, etc. In addition to news coverage, The Paper also publishes a weekly entertainment guide entitled GO Brooklyn. It was started in 1978.
Though the various print editions are published once a week, The Brooklyn Paper's website is updated every weekday with stories, and since March 2008, with video podcasts.
In January 2007, the company name "Brooklyn Papers" was renamed "The Brooklyn Paper", and the local editions (The Park Slope Paper, The Bay Ridge Paper) were all renamed The Brooklyn Paper with the local edition printed under the title. The local editions include Bay Ridge/Bensonhurst, Brooklyn Heights/Downtown, Carroll Gardens/Cobble Hill, Fort Greene/Clinton Hill, and Park Slope In July 2007, the paper expanded to include a new Williamsburg/Greenpoint/Bushwick edition.
Brooklyn Paper is now owned by Schneps Media
- "Good buy! The Brooklyn Paper joins News Corp". The Brooklyn Paper. 2009-03-12. Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- "Podcast Archive". The Brooklyn Paper. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- Koblin, John (2009-03-10). Rupert Murdoch Corners Market in Brooklyn (HTML). The New York Observer. The New York Observer, LLC. Retrieved on 2009-03-11
- "News Corp. sells Community Newspaper Group to Les and Jennifer Goodstein". Capital New York. 2014-06-23. Retrieved 2014-12-07.
- "SCHNEPS COMMUNICATIONS ACQUIRES COMMUNITY NEWS GROUP AND NYC COMMUNITY MEDIA, CREATING DOMINANT LOCAL-MEDIA COMPANY". Brooklyn Paper. 2018-09-14. Retrieved 2018-09-14.
- The Brooklyn Paper
- GO Brooklyn
- Brooklyn Papers Moves Headquarters To DUMBO
- Today's Brooklyn Papers
- Another Brooklyn Endorsement
|This article about a New York newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|