The Bulwark (website)
Type of site
|News and opinion website|
|Editor||Charlie Sykes, Bill Kristol|
The Bulwark is an American conservative news and opinion website founded by conservative commentators Charlie Sykes and Bill Kristol. The publisher is Sarah Longwell. While it launched as a news aggregator, it was revamped into a news and opinion site with "the core digital staff of The Weekly Standard." Like the Standard, The Bulwark has been described as neoconservative.
Following the end of publication of The Weekly Standard in December 2018, editor-in-chief Charlie Sykes said "the murder of the Standard made it urgently necessary to create a home for rational, principled, fact-based center-right voices who were not cowed by Trumpism." The site was created in December 2018 as a news aggregator as a project of the Defending Democracy Together Institute, a 501(c)(3) conservative advocacy group led in part by Weekly Standard co-founder William Kristol, who was a prominent voice pushing for the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Several former editors and writers of The Weekly Standard soon joined the staff and within weeks of launch began publishing original news and opinion pieces. CNN reported in January 2019 that approximately $1 million had already been raised for the site, which was said to be adequate to keep the site running for one year but that additional funding was being sought.
- Taibbi, Matt; Taibbi, Matt (2019-01-14). "Return of the Neocons!". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2019-04-20. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- "Does The Bulwark Mean the Neocons Are Staging A Comeback?". news.yahoo.com. Archived from the original on 2019-04-20. Retrieved 2019-04-20.
- Morrison, Patt (9 October 2019). "How Never Trumpers can get the GOP to stand up for constitutional conservatism again". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 4 March 2020. Retrieved 30 March 2020.
- Darcy, Oliver (January 4, 2019). "Former Weekly Standard staffers find new home at The Bulwark, a conservative site unafraid to take on Trump". CNN Business. Archived from the original on January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- Farhi, Paul (December 14, 2018). "The Weekly Standard, influential conservative magazine, will shutter". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on January 20, 2019. Retrieved January 16, 2019.
- Rubin, Jennifer (January 8, 2019). "A bulwark against Trump and Trumpism". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on January 10, 2019. Retrieved January 16, 2019.
- "Defending Democracy Together Institute (DDTI)". InfluenceWatch. Archived from the original on 2019-01-17. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
- Kristol, Bill; Kagan, Robert (2002-01-21). "What to Do About Iraq". Archived from the original on 2019-05-07. Retrieved 2020-03-30.
- Kristol, Bill (2015-05-20). "William Kristol: We were right to fight in Iraq". Archived from the original on 2019-05-07. Retrieved 2019-05-06.
We were right to invade Iraq in 2003 to remove Saddam Hussein...
- Bulwark, The. "The Bulwark Podcast". The Bulwark Podcast. Archived from the original on 2019-01-17. Retrieved 2019-01-16.
|This article about a news website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|