The Burning Wild Man
|The Burning Wild Man|
The first volume of The Burning Wild Man (Moeru Onii-San) released by Shueisha.
|Written by||Tadashi Satō|
|Magazine||Weekly Shōnen Jump|
|Original run||1987 – 1991|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Osamu Kobayashi|
|Produced by||Toru Horikoshi (NTV)
Hideo Kawano (Toho)
Reiko Fukakusa (Studio Pierrot)
|Written by||Kenji Terada|
|Music by||Kōji Makaino|
|Original network||Nippon Television|
|Original run||March 14, 1988 – September 19, 1988|
|Original video animation|
|Released||July 1, 1989 – August 2, 1989|
The Burning Wild Man, known in Japanese as Moeru! Onii-san (燃える! お兄さん? Burning Older Brother) is a manga created by Tadashi Satō. It ran in Weekly Shōnen Jump from 1987 to 1991 with 19 volumes. It was later adapted into an anime series by Studio Pierrot. The 24 episode series aired on Nippon Television from March 1988 to September 1988.
Kenichi Kokuho (国宝ケンイチ? Kokuhō Ken'ichi) became lost in the mountains as a small child. A foster father raised Kenichi; when Kenichi was 15 the foster father told Kenichi about his background and the teenager returned to the civilized world at age 15.
- Kenichi Kokuhō (国宝 憲一? Kokuhou Kenichi) Voiced by: Kazuki Yao
- a.k.a. Onii-san (お兄さん? big brother). The main character and a practitioner of Cha Genmai Style Karate.
- Yukie Kokuhō (国宝 雪絵? Kokuhou Yukie) Voiced by: Chieko Honda
- Kenichi's little sister who often acts as his straight man.
- Kenkichi Kokuhō (国宝 憲吉? Kokuhou Kenkichi) Voiced by: Kenichi Ogata
- a.k.a. Tou-chan (father). The head of the Kokuhō family and a potted plant artisan.
- Kaede (かえで?) Voiced by: Megumi Hayashibara
- The young girl who lived as Kenichi's sister in the mountains.
- Cha Genmai (玄米 茶? Genmai Cha) Voiced by: Fumio Matsuoka
- The old man who found and raised Kenichi and taught him karate.
- Flipper (フリッパー?) Voiced by: Ikuya Sawaki
- Kenichi's wolf companion from the mountains. He becomes the Kokuhō family pet. His face looks more like a cat face.
- Gai Hidō (火堂 害? Hidou Gai) Voiced by: Shūichi Ikeda
- A school delinquent and third generation yakuza of the Hidou Boryokudan Group. He is always depicted with his mouth open in an evil smile. He likes Yukie.
- Rocky Hada (ロッキー羽田?) Voiced by: Yūsaku Yara
- A half-Japanese and half-Filipino boy who is highly influenced by American culture and is always wearing flashy outfits.
- Ayako Osanai (小山内 文子? Osanai Ayako) Voiced by: Naoko Matsui
- Ekkusu Suparutan (酢張丹 悦楠? Suparutan Ekkusu, pun on Spartan X) Voiced by: Kōichi Yamadera
- Narrator Voiced by: Hideyuki Tanaka