The Carbonaro Effect
|The Carbonaro Effect|
|Directed by||Phil Britton|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||73|
|Camera setup||Hidden camera|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Fields Entertainment|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||April 1, 2014 – present|
|Related shows||Candid Camera|
The Carbonaro Effect is an American hidden camera/practical joke reality television series. The show debuted on April 1, 2014, and is currently airing on truTV. The show is hosted by magician and prankster Michael Carbonaro. He performs tricks on people caught on hidden camera. At the end of each trick or practical joke, he refers to the fictional "Carbonaro Effect." To promote the second half of the first season, TBS aired a two-hour marathon on October 30, 2014. The second season premiered on April 1, 2015. The third season premiered on February 1, 2017. The fourth season premiered on May 17, 2018, along with a new insider series titled The Carbonaro Effect: Inside Carbonaro.
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||April 1, 2014||January 22, 2015|
|2||28||April 1, 2015||June 22, 2016|
|3||17||February 1, 2017||January 11, 2018|
|4||TBA||May 17, 2018||TBA|
The Carbonaro Effect: Inside Carbonaro
The Carbonaro Effect: Inside Carbonaro is a show where previously aired episodes are shown again with new facts and bonus scenes, presented by Carbonaro himself. The first episode aired on May 17, 2018, after the Season 4 premiere.
- In Brazil, the show is broadcast by TruTV and Rede Bandeirantes.
- In Bulgaria, The Carbonaro Effect is shown on Discovery Channel.
- In Quebec, Canada, a French-dubbed version of the show airs on Z.
- In India, the show is broadcast by Comedy Central India.
- In Italy the show is broadcast by K2 (Discovery Networks Europe).
- In Malaysia, The Carbonaro Effect is shown on Warner TV and Astro Hello.
- In the Philippines, The Carbonaro Effect is shown on Warner TV.
- In Portugal, The Carbonaro Effect is shown on SIC Radical.
- In Spain the show is broadcast by TEN and TNT.
- In Thailand, The Carbonaro Effect is shown on Warner TV.
- / The show is broadcast on the British/Irish edition of truTV.
- In Uruguay, the show is broadcast by Monte Carlo TV.
- In Africa, the show is broadcast by Discovery Family.
- In the Netherlands, the show is broadcast by Spike.