Slice of life
|Created by||Chris Savino (original characters)|
|Developed by||Michael Rubiner|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Nickelodeon Animation Studio|
|Distributor||Viacom Media Networks|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Original release||October 2019|
|Related shows||The Loud House|
The Casagrandes (working title Los Casagrandes) is an upcoming American animated television series for Nickelodeon. A spin-off of The Loud House created by Chris Savino, it centers on the titular Casagrande family, whose amount is similar to that of the Louds. The series is slated to premiere in October 2019.
The Casagrandes is being developed to have Ronnie Anne and Bobby Santiago adjust to their new life in Great Lakes City where they now live with their big, loving and chaotic multi-generational Casagrande family. In the series, Ronnie Anne will make new friends, build stronger bonds with her relatives and explore the endless possibilities the city life has to offer. Bobby will help Grandpa Hector Casagrande run the family's corner store, and becomes familiar with the neighborhood's quirky characters.
- Ronalda "Ronnie" Anne Santiago (voiced by Izabella Alvarez) – At age 11, Ronnie Anne Santiago is the cousin, niece, and granddaughter of the Casagrandes. Ronnie Anne is a tomboy who does not mess around with "girly stuff".
- Roberto Alejandro Martinez-Millan Luis "Bobby" Santiago Jr. (voiced by Carlos PenaVega) – At age 17, Bobby is a jack of all trades, having had to juggle multiple jobs at the same time. Bobby is shown to be calm and compassionate, but sometimes a little too absentminded.
- Maria Casagrande-Santiago (voiced by Sumalee Montano) – Maria is the mother of Bobby and Ronnie Anne who works as a nurse.
- Rosa Casagrande (voiced by Sonia Manzano) – Rosa is a caring grandmother and mother who you can always depend on for making a meal, but never a snack. She is the building manager for the apartment building they live in.
- Hector Casagrande (voiced by Ruben Garfias) – Hector is the owner of the downstairs bodega (also called a mercado) and the household gossiper. He is also a talented musician.
- Carlos Casagrande (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) – Carlos is the father of the Casagrande siblings, the son of Rosa and Hector, the husband of Frida Puga, and the brother of Maria Santiago. He's a college professor who loves reading books and sharing the knowledge he gathered from them.
- Frida-Puga Casagrande (voiced by Roxana Ortega) – Frida Puga is the mother of the Casagrande siblings, the wife of Carlos, the daughter in-law of Rosa and the sister in-law of Maria Santiago. She is an avid photographer.
- Carlota Casagrande (voiced by Alexa PenaVega) – At age 17, Carlota Casagrande is the oldest child and only daughter of the Frida Puga and Carlos and a fashion loving girl. She can be seen shouting at Carlitos for using her cosmetics.
- Carlos Jr. "C.J." Casagrande (voiced by Jared Kozak) – At age 13, CJ Casagrande is the oldest son of the Casagrandes. CJ also has Down Syndrome. He is a lover of playing pirate and an incredibly sweet boy.
- Carlino "Carl" Casagrande (voiced by Alex Cazares) – At age 6, Carlino Casagrande is the smooth talking son of Frida Puga and Carlos. Like Clyde McBride, he is attracted to Lori.
- Carlitos Casagrande (voiced by Roxana Ortega) – Carlitos Casagrande is the youngest child of Frida Puga and Carlos. Carlitos can be seen imitating various family members.
- Sergio (voiced by Carlos Alazraqui) – The family's pet parrot who is named after Sergio Aragonés, creator of Groo the Wanderer and contributor to Mad magazine, who tends to tease the family members.
- Lalo – The family's pet English Mastiff who is named after Lalo Alcaraz, creator of La Cucaracha. He is larger than most dogs as he was big enough to carry Ronnie Anne. Despite being a dog, Lalo is afraid of the local street cat clowder.
- Dr. Arturo Santiago (voiced by Eugenio Derbez) – Bobby and Ronnie Anne's father who divorced from Maria and is in Peru as part of his Physicians With Mission assignment.
- The Chang Family – A family that moves into Apartment 3A above the Casagrandes' apartment.
- Sid Chang (voiced by Leah Mei Gold) – Stanley and Becca's 12-year-old daughter and Ronnie Anne's new best friend.
- Stanley Chang (voiced by Ken Jeong) – A friendly subway conductor.
- Becca Chang (voiced by Melissa Joan Hart) – A zoologist and Stanley's wife.
- Adelaide Chang (voiced by Lexi Sexton) – Stanley and Becca's 6-year-old daughter and Sid's younger sister.
On February 14, 2019, it was announced that The Casagrandes would be a part of Nickelodeon's 2019 slate. The series will expand The Loud House universe by introducing new characters and places in the city. Lalo Alcaraz will serve as a cultural consultant for the show.
- Petski, Denise; Petski, Denise (July 2, 2018). "Nickelodeon Greenlights 'The Loud House' Spinoff 'Los Casagrandes'". Deadline Hollywood.
- "Nickelodeon Embarks on New Direction with Its Biggest, Most Wide-Ranging Content Slate Ever – New Shows Are All That and Much More" (Press release). Nickelodeon. February 14, 2019. Retrieved June 20, 2019 – via The Futon Critic.
- "Nickelodeon Developing Los Casagrandes, New Companion Series to Animated Hit The Loud House". Business Wire. March 6, 2018. Retrieved March 8, 2018.
- Milligan, Mercedes (July 2, 2018). "Nick Greenlights 'Los Casagrandes' Spinoff of 'Loud House'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved January 28, 2019.
- Petski, Denise (February 14, 2019). "'SpongeBob' Spinoffs, 'All That' & 'Are You Smarter Than 5th Grader?' Revivals & More on Nickelodeon's 2019 Content Slate". Deadline Hollywood.
- Bennett, Anita (May 7, 2019). "Eugenio Derbez, Ken Jeong, Melissa Joan Hart Join Nickelodeon's 'The Casagrandes' As 'Loud House' Renewed". Deadline Hollywood.
- Pena, Jessica (May 7, 2019). "The Loud House: Season Five Renewal; The Casagrandes Casting Announced by Nickelodeon". TV Series Finale.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: The Casagrandes|