The Case Against 8
|The Case Against 8|
The Case Against 8 is an American documentary film, which premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival on January 18, 2014. Directed and produced by Ben Cotner and Ryan White, the film documents the legal battle to overturn California's Proposition 8, focusing in particular on behind-the-scenes footage of David Boies and Theodore Olson during the Perry v. Schwarzenegger case.
The film screened at the 2014 Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival in Toronto, Ontario and went on to screen within such festivals as SXSW and Maryland Film Festival. The film also received a limited theatrical release in June 2014, screening in New York City, Los Angeles and other major US cities before airing on HBO on June 23.
In Australia, it screened in conjunction with Queer Screen and Australian Marriage Equality on the 20th of August  Independent MP and Chair of AME Alex Greenwich introduced the film to the audience where he mentioned Australia's conservative government pollster Crosby Textor Group and the research that has polled the biggest support for same-sex marriage in Australia where 72% of Australians support legalising same-sex marriage.
- "HBO Films to Release 'The Case Against 8' Doc in Theaters Before TV Bow". The Hollywood Reporter, March 21, 2014.
- "'Whiplash' Owns the 2014 Sundance Film Festival Awards Netting Two Top Prizes". Indiewire. January 25, 2014. Retrieved January 26, 2014.
- "2014 Sundance Film Festival jury and audience award winners". HitFix, January 25, 2014.
- "SXSW Film 2014: `Case Against 8' honored at festival". San Jose Mercury News, March 17, 2014.
- "Hot Docs 2014 lineup includes films about Alice Cooper, George Takei". Toronto Star, March 18, 2014.
- "'Case Against 8,' about overturn of Proposition 8, headed to theaters". Los Angeles Times, March 21, 2014.
- "Queer Screen - The Case Against 8 Screening". queerscreen.org.au. Retrieved 23 March 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-08-06. Retrieved 2014-08-21.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
|This article about a political documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a documentary film with a lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender theme is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|