This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Company||Travel Weekly Group|
The Caterer is a weekly UK business magazine for hospitality professionals.
The publication covers all areas of the hospitality industry (including restaurants, hotels, foodservice, pubs and bars) providing news, analysis and features about senior industry professionals, businesses and trends. It also includes monthly reviews of the latest hospitality products, from kitchen equipment to food and beverages.
History and profile
Caterer and Hotelkeeper (now The Caterer), first issued in 1878, was published by Reed Business Information until 2012, when it was bought by Travel Weekly Group and Jacobs Media Group owner Clive Jacobs.
It employs around 30 staff and is based in Victoria, London, UK. It is published by Jacobs Media Group. As of 2 January 2018, the editor is Chris Gamm.
On 2 July 2014, Caterer and Hotelkeeper rebranded as The Caterer. Its coverage of the industry stayed the same but the name was changed and the website rebranded to adapt to the growing digital age.
Events and awards
The Caterer runs several events each year, including:
- The Catey Awards, which launched in 1984. The Cateys have in the past honoured industry personalities including Gordon Ramsay, Albert Roux, Michel Roux, Marco Pierre White and Heston Blumenthal. The awards highlight those in the industry doing the best in their field, and are judged by a host of senior professionals.
Other awards events include:
- The Hotel Cateys
- The Foodservice Cateys
- The UK Sommelier of the Year
- The Acorn Awards
- The Hotelier of the Year Award
- The Product Excellence Awards
The Caterer Top 100
The Caterer Top 100 is a list of the 100 most influential people in the hospitality industry. The list is compiled by industry experts who rank candidates on criteria including direct power, success, innovation, future potential and their wider influence across the industry. Previous recipients of The Caterer most influential person in the industry include Jamie Oliver and Alastair Storey.
- "Caterer and Hotelkeeper sold to owner of Travel Weekly Group". Press Gazette. London. 17 October 2012.
|This trade magazine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.