The Chap (band)
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Johannes von Weizsäcker
- Keith Duncan - drums, vocals, keyboards
- Panos Ghikas - bass, vocals, guitar, violin, computer, keyboards
- Claire Hope - keyboards, vocals, melodica
- Berit Immig - keyboards, vocals (also plays in band Omo)
- Johannes von Weizsäcker - guitar, vocals, cello, computer, keyboards
Berit Immig and Johannes von Weizsäcker first met when playing in band Karamasov (Satellite Records).
In early 2006 they toured Europe to support their second album Ham which gained much critical acclaim including an album of the month in The Wire. On 19 April 2008 (26 April in the UK) they released a third album, Mega Breakfast . During 2008 and 2009, the band completed several UK and mainland European tours as well as their first US tour.
In May 2010 they released Well Done Europe, which received a rating of 7.7 from Pitchfork Media.
In March 2012 they released We Are Nobody, which received a rating of 7.0 from Pitchfork Media.
- 2003: The Horse (Lo Recordings)
- 2005: Ham (Lo Recordings)
- 2008: Mega Breakfast (Ghostly International/ Lo Recordings)
- 2008: Builder's Brew Mini-album (Lo Recordings)
- 2010: Well Done Europe (Lo Recordings)
- 2011: We Are The Best (Lo Recordings)
- 2012: We Are Nobody (Lo Recordings)
- 2015: The Show Must Go (Lo Recordings)
- Pitchfork review of Mega Breakfast
- PopMatters review of The Horse
- The Chap live review
- The Quietus review of We Are The Best
|This article on a United Kingdom electronic music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|