|Origin||Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia|
The Chats is composed of Josh Price on guitar and backing vocals, Matt Boggis on drums, and Eamon Sandwith on bass and lead vocals. The band takes its name from the Sydney suburb of Chatswood. They have cited Australian bands Cosmic Psychos, Dune Rats and Eddy Current Suppression Ring as major influences, and coined the term "shed rock" to describe their sound.
- Hall, Bryon (10 December 2017). "THE CHATS // BEHIND THE BAND". Behind The Scene. Retrieved 2 May 2018.
- Scott, Tim. "The Chats tell us how they cooked up Smoko". Red Bull. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- Holdsworth, Matthew (11 December 2017). "The Coast band's 'Aussie' song that's gone viral". Sunshine Coast Daily. HT&E. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "'I'm on smoko': Most Aussie song ever goes viral". The New Zealand Herald. NZME. 10 December 2017. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- Mack, Emmy (9 December 2017). "Mullet-Sporting Queensland Punk Band Goes Viral With Song About Smoko". Music Feeds. Retrieved 17 March 2018.
- "This Song About the Aussie 'Smoko' is Going Nuts on Facebook" (7 December 2017), wsfm.com.au. Retrieved 11 August 2018.