The Chess Hotel (album)
The album was co-produced by The Elms and David Bianco and marked a stylistic shift in the band's sound towards a heavier, sparse blues-infused sound. Reviews of the album were favorable, and critics likened the album's sound to The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, and The White Stripes.
- I Am the World
- Who Puts Rock & Roll in Your Blood?
- Nothin' to Do with Love
- Makes Good Sense
- I Left My Body and Never Came Back
- She's Cold!
- The Chess Hotel
- Bring Me Your Tea
- The Way I Will
- The Downtown King
- Black Peach
- The Towers & the Trains
- I've Been Wrong
The Chess Hotel was recorded in Franklin, Tennessee at Dark Horse Studios. The album was mixed at Scream Studios in Los Angeles, California.
- The Elms
- Owen Thomas - lead vocals, guitar, percussion, songwriting
- Christopher Thomas - drums, percussion
- Thomas Daugherty - lead guitar, vocals
- Nathan W. Bennett - bass guitar, vocals
- David Bianco - co-producer, engineer, mix engineer
- Eddie Schreyer - mastering engineer