The Chicken House
Founded in 2000 by Barry Cunningham and Rachel Hickman as Chicken House Publishing, it was bought by Scholastic in 2005. It has introduced many new successful authors, including Cornelia Funke, Roderick Gordon and Brian Williams, Kevin Brooks, Lucy Christopher, Rachel Ward, M. G. Leonard and Rachel Grinti. It is the UK publisher of the multi-million bestselling Maze Runner series.
The Times/Chicken House Children’s Fiction Competition
The Times/Chicken House Children’s Fiction Competition was launched in 2008 by Chicken House and The Times newspaper.
The annual competition is for full manuscripts suitable for readers aged between 7 and 18 by unpublished, unagented writers. The prize is a publishing contract worth £10,000. Terms and Conditions can be found on the Chicken House website.
Winners of the Competition in Chronological Order
- 2008: Emily Diamand, Flood Child
- 2009: Sophia Bennett, Threads
- 2010: Janet Foxley, Muncle Trogg
- 2011: Kieran Larwood, Freaks
- 2012: Fletcher Moss, Poison Boy
- 2013: Wendy Constance, Brave
- 2014: Kerr Thomson, The Sound of Whales
- 2015: Laurel Remington, The Secret Cooking Club
- http://doublecluck.com/about/ The Story So Far, retrieved 18 June 2012
- http://doublecluck.com/ The Chicken House home page
- http://doublecluck.com/submissions/ The Times/Chicken House Children's Fiction Competition information page
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|