The Chimes of Midnight
|The Chimes of Midnight|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Written by||Robert Shearman|
|Directed by||Barnaby Edwards|
|Executive producer(s)||Jacqueline Rayner|
|Length||1 hour 56 mins|
|Release date||February 2002|
The Chimes of Midnight is a Big Finish Productions audio drama based on the long-running British science fiction television series Doctor Who. This audio play was broadcast on digital radio station BBC 7 in four weekly parts, starting on 17 December 2005, and has been rebroadcast on the same channel beginning on 17 December 2006, and again on 26 and 27 September 2007.
An Edwardian home, Christmas 1906. Or is it? The Doctor and Charley are caught in a mysterious house outside of time and when the grandfather clock strikes, someone will get murdered. Can the Doctor unmask the murderer? Or is something far more sinister at work?
- The Doctor — Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard — India Fisher
- Edith — Louise Rolfe
- Shaughnessy — Lennox Greaves
- Mrs Baddeley — Sue Wallace
- Frederick — Robert Curbishley
- Mary — Juliet Warner
This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- This is Charley's last chronological Doctor Who story to be broadcast on BBC Radio 7, although India Fisher continues to play her on a vast number of Big Finish commercial releases. The next chronological Doctor Who radio play to be broadcast by the BBC was Blood of the Daleks featuring the Eighth Doctor and new companion Lucie Miller (played by Sheridan Smith).
- The names of the characters Shaughnessy and Mrs Baddeley are derived from Alfred Shaughnessy and Angela Baddeley, the script editor and the actress who played the cook Mrs Bridges in the famed British 70s drama series Upstairs, Downstairs which took place in an Edwardian townhouse. Other Upstairs, Downstairs influences includes Edith's similarity with the dimwitted scullery maid Ruby Finch.
- Big Finish Productions - The Chimes of Midnight
- The Chimes of Midnight at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Chimes of Midnight reviews at Outpost Gallifrey
- The Chimes of Midnight reviews at The Doctor Who Ratings Guide
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|