The China World Trade Center
|China World Trade Center|
|Tallest in China World Trade Center Tower 3 until 330 m[I]|
|Address||No.7 Tianchen East Road, Chaoyang District|
|Town or city||Beijing|
|Construction started||February, 1985|
|Completed||August 30, 2010|
|Opening||30 August 1990|
|Floor area||1,100,000 m²|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Skidmore, Owings and Merrill|
|Number of rooms||1591|
The China World Trade Center (simplified Chinese: 中国国际贸易中心; traditional Chinese: 中國國際貿易中心; pinyin: Zhōngguó guójì màoyì zhōngxīn) is located in Chaoyang District, the central business district of Beijing, China.
The construction of the complex started in 1985 and was completed in 2010 after the completion of the China World Trade Center Tower 3. China World Trade Center is a subsidiary group of the Kuok group founded in 1985 and owned by two cooperating companies: the China Sho Mao Investment and Kerry Industrial Company. The China World Trade Center is the largest building complex of Beijing consisting of around 14 components including hotels all of Shangri-La, shopping malls, offices, apartments, convention rooms, and an exhibition hall. It can be located in the Beijing central business district in Guomao. China World Trade Center is well known for being the largest up-market commercial mixed-use developments in the world and for keeping its reputation as an internationally friendly community. It is widely reputed as "The Place Where China Meets The World". China World Trade Center has won many awards and achievements over the past few years. One of their most notable buildings, the China World Trade Center Tower 3, is the tallest building in Beijing and reaches up to 330m.
The China World Trade Center has several components with three sky scrapers and 6 main parts.
China World Hotel
China World Hotel, Beijing is a 5 star Shangri-La hotel built in 1989. It is located in the central part of the China World Trade Center and is connected to the China World Mall. The hotel is an important asset of China World Trade Center and has won many awards since its remodel in 2003. China World Hotel has 716 hotel rooms, 12 function rooms, a conference hall, banquet room and many other services and facilities. China World Hotel has won 10 Diamond Awards for its reputable restaurant chefs and lodging quality.
China World Summit Wing
China World Summit Wing is the newest part of China World Trade Center that started in 2002 and was completed in 2010. Summit Wing is a 5 star hotel located in the upper section of the China World Trade Center Tower 3. The Summit Wing has 278 hotel rooms and 8 different notable restaurants. The tower is a 330m high and is the tallest skyscraper within Beijing.
Traders Hotel Beijing
China World Apartments
The China World Apartments consist of two 30-storey towers both built in 1989. They are the North Lodge and the South Lodge towers, which are connected by a lobby section. There are overall 410 units that range from 70 m² to 228 m².
China World Mall
The China World Mall was the first mall opened that sold branded goods in China. It was originally the China World Shopping Arcade in 1990. However, it changed after an expansion during 1997. In May of 2000 it opened as the 'China World Mall.' The China World Mall is overall 100,000 m² and holds over 300 specialty shops. The China World Mall also has an ice rink of 800 m² known as 'Le Cool Ice Rink.' The shopping mall has 4 floors overall, including 2 basement floors, a ground floor and a second floor. The ground and second floors has offices and branded fashion shops. Basement 1 also sells branded goods as well as lifestyle, furniture, household items, sports goods, cosmetics, books, jewelry, grocery and children toys. Basement 2 is the food and entertainment area. There are several restaurants, an international food court and the ice rink in the second basement.
China World Exhibition Hall
The China World Exhibition Hall provides traders with a forum of commerce, trade and information exchange. There have been a few influential trade shows that have been held in the hall including: China International Clothing & Accessories Fair (CHIC), Beijing International Household Electrical Appliance (HEA), PATA Travel Mart and the International Medical Instruments and Equipment Exhibition (China Med). China World Exhibition Division has four different departments: the exhibition & conference organization, exhibition services, space leasing and venue management.
- Actis Capital has an office in Room 713 of China World Tower 2
- Delta Air Lines has a city ticket office in Room 1308 of the China World Office 1. Previously Northwest Airlines had an office in L104 of the China World Trade Tower.
The China World Trade Center, also known by its Chinese abbreviated name, Guomao, is located in Chaoyang District in eastern Beijing, where the eastern Third Ring Road meets Jianguomenwai Avenue. Towers 1 and 3 are located northwest of the Guomao Overpass. Tower 2 is across the 3rd Ring Road to the northwest of the Guomao Overpass. Line 1 and Line 10 of the Beijing Subway both stop at the Guomao Station. Local public bus stops are named after Dabeiyao, the old location name for the vicinity of the World Trade Center:
- Dabeiyao (大北窑):113 421 806 807 808 809
- Dabeiyao West (大北窑西):1 9 28 99 205 609 666 668 728 729 804 805 938
- Dabeiyao North (大北窑北):113 214 402 405 421 488 503 601 673 683 686 707 729 特8 运通107
- Dabeiyao East (大北窑东):1 11 57 312 402 405 502 647 648 666 667 668 669 728 801 810 976
- Dabeiyao South (大北窑南):28 57 91 214 348 601 683 686 707 805 810 814 818 846 954 974 976 998 运通107
- Who was the Architect of China World Trade Center." Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Trade Center Composition." Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- The Place Where China Meets The World. "LA firm hired to design next-stage extension of Beijing complex" Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Hotel Recent Awards. "China World Gets many awards since remodel in 2003" Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Hotel About. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Hotel Introduction. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Trade Center Tower III - Tallest Building in Beijing. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Summit Wing About. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Summit Wing Introduction. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- Traders Hotel Beijing - Hotel Details. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Trade Center Beijing Information. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Apartments Introduction. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Mall Introduction. Retrieved on May 18, 2013.
- China World Exhibition Hall." Retrieved on May 18, 2013. "China World Exhibitions Held"
- "Beijing." Actis Capital. Retrieved on September 1, 2014. "713 China World Tower 2 No 1 Jianguomenwai Avenue Chaoyang District Beijing 100004 People's Republic of China" - Chinese address: "国贸2座712室 朝阳区建国门外大街1号 北京，邮编100004 中国"
- "Ticket Office Locations > Asia." Delta Air Lines. Retrieved on November 19, 2012. "Delta Air Lines Room 1308, China World Office 1 No.1 Jian Guo Men Wai Avenue Beijing 100004, China" - Chinese: "美国达美航空公司北京代表处 北京市建国门外大街1号 国贸写字楼1座1308室 邮政 100004"
- "Ticket Offices and Phone Numbers." Northwest Airlines. June 13, 1998. Retrieved on November 20, 2012. "Northwest Airlines L104 China World Trade Tower China World Trade Centre No.1 Jian Guo Men Wai Ave Beijing 100004 China "
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to China World Trade Center.|