The Christmas Adventure
|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (November 2015)|
|The Christmas Adventure|
|Location(s)||Stockeld Park, Wetherby, Yorkshire, England|
Initially a supplement to the estate’s extensive Christmas tree business, The Christmas Adventure now boasts a number of unique activities, including a giant, snowflake-shaped maze based on the 12 Days of Christmas, an Enchanted Wood, Europe’s longest synthetic Nordic ski trail, a skating rink and Santa’s Grotto.
The Enchanted Wood is perhaps The Christmas Adventure’s most distinctive attraction. Described as “a mixture of theatre and fantasy”, the wood is illuminated by several thousand lights and filled with fairytale characters and animals. Running for over 1,200 metres through the wood is a pathway and the Nordic ski trail.
The Christmas Adventure also contains a Christmas shop and a café.
Since opening in 2006, The Christmas Adventure has been the subject of considerable media attention and has featured in papers such as The Times, The Daily Telegraph, the Guardian and the Yorkshire Post.
Beginning at the start of the October half term and ending after the second weekend of January, it is estimated that over 100,000 people visit The Christmas Adventure, which has been the recipient of a number of awards.
- Stockeld Park, Yorkshire, http://www.stockeldpark.co.uk/the-house.asp
- Stockeld Park Christmas Trees, http://www.thechristmasadventure.com/christmas-tree-shop.asp
- 'The Christmas Adventure at Stockeld Park', http://www.thechristmasadventure.com/
- ‘Enchanted Forest’, http://property.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/property/gardens/article2975780.ece, 8 December 2007
- 'Skiing in the UK: It's Grimm up North, http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/3851273/Skiing-in-the-UK.html, 20 December 2008
- ’25 festive days’, http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/dec/14/family-events-christmas-travel-activities?page=6, 14 December 2008
- ‘If you go down to the woods today’, http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/people/If-you-go-down-to.3485384.jp, 14 November 2007
- Winner 2008, Ackrill Business Awards, Best Rural Initiative Yorkshire, http://www.thechristmasadventure.com/business-awards.asp
- Regional Finalist 2007, HSBC Start Up Stars, http://www.startupstars.hsbc.co.uk/