The Chronicle (St. Helens)
The Chronicle is a weekly newspaper published in St. Helens, Oregon, United States.
When the newspaper started in 1881, it was named the Oregon Mist, later renamed to the St. Helens Mist. In 1933, the Mist bought out the St. Helens Sentinel, which was established in 1926, and the paper was renamed the Sentinel-Mist. In 1936, a paper named the St. Helens Chronicle was started. The Chronicle bought the Sentinel-Mist in 1968 and the combined publication became known as The Sentinel-Mist Chronicle, Columbia County's only newspaper. Later the name became The Chronicle and Sentinel-Mist, finally becoming The Chronicle in 2009.
- "The Chronicle". Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association. Archived from the original on 2011-02-25. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Newspapers and Genealogical Resources". University of Oregon Libraries. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- Rinn, Daniel. "St. Helens Mist". Historic Oregon Newspapers.
- Turnbull, George S. (1939). Binfords & Mort. . .
- "Columbia County's leading source for community news". The Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- The Chronicle (official website)
|This article about an Oregon newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|