|Launched||January 14, 2002|
|Owned by||Hillsong Church and Trinity Broadcasting Network|
|Picture format||720p (Online stream and compatible IPTV streams)|
|Slogan||Your Favorite Christian Channel (2002-2016)
World's Faith Christian Network (2016-present)
|Country||United States and Australia|
|Broadcast area||Worldwide; United States over-the-air and through pay television services|
|Formerly called||The Church Channel (2002-2016)|
|Available on full-power and some low-power stations in most markets in the U.S.||x.2 on most TBN owned-and-operated stations and affiliates; check local listings for stations|
Hillsong Channel is an American and Australian Christian-based broadcast television network and is a joint venture of the international congregation, the Sydney-based Hillsong Church, and the American Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN).
As The Church Channel
Prior to the launch of the Hillsong Channel the network was known as The Church Channel and maintained their main operations base out of TBN's WPGD-TV in Nashville, Tennessee. Programming consisted of Christian worship services, 90% of which must be of an instructional, evangelistic or ministerial nature. The network had put strict guidelines on fundraising and other announcements, limiting them to 10% of the program. The Church Channel encouraged churches to submit recordings of their services with the intent of putting them on the air.
On March 9, 2016, TBN announced a partnership with the Sydney-based international congregation Hillsong Church that originally saw The Church Channel re-imaged as the Hillsong Channel on June 15, 2016, in line with Hillsong's American expansion plans. The launch date was later moved up to June 1, 2016. It was the second major change in TBN's American operations in a matter of years, after the previous year's launch of TBN Salsa and changes in scheduling for Smile of a Child and JUCE TV over-the-air to accommodate TBN Salsa. Unlike that launch (where Smile and Juce maintained 24/7 streaming-only services), The Church Channel was not maintained as a 24/7 streaming service through TBN's streaming operations, and some TCC programming has been blended into the Hillsong Channel schedule, albeit in morning and early afternoon timeslots.
As Hillsong Channel
On June 1, 2016, The Church Channel was rebranded The Hillsong Channel.
Hillsong Channel is available over-the-air on digital subchannels of TBN owned-and-operated and affiliated stations nationwide, usually on the second subchannel (for example, if the local TBN station broadcasts on channel 17, then Hillsong Channel would be carried on digital subchannel 17.2).
It is also available on select U.S. cable providers, Dish Network, Glorystar (free-to-air Galaxy 19) and DirecTV, in the UK on Sky and in many nations around the world via direct-to-home satellite, such as ABS1 to India and the Middle East, Hot Bird satellite to Europe, and Agila 2 satellite both C-band and Ku-Band signal in Asia and the Philippines. The network also livestreams its programming on its official website.
On June 24, 2016 the Hillsong Channel was made available on Apple TV.
In Australia, Hillsong Channel first launched on July 24, 2016 on IPTV provider Fetch TV. On September 11, 2016 it was announced at Hillsong Church Services that Hillsong Channel would launch on satellite and cable pay television provider Foxtel on October 16, 2016.
On October 13, Hillsong Channel was made available in Australia on Foxtel Channel 183.
The Hillsong Channel has a variety of programmes, carrying 12 Hours per day of Original Programming under the banner of "Hillsong Channel Original Programming". The remainder of the schedule is made up of traditional time-buys from Churches which hold similar views as the Hillsong Church, under the banner of "Partner Ministry Programming", which cover TBN's expenses of operations of the Television Channel.
Original programming from Hillsong includes;
- Worship by Hillsong - Flagship worship music program
- Hillsong Church - Services from London, Sydney, Los Angeles
- Best of Hillsong Conference.
- What Do You See? with Robert Fergusson - Christian doco-teaching series on perspective
- Brian Houston TV - Brian Houston's 60 minute TV show.
- The Story - From Bono to Refugees in Syria, The Story is a documentary series on how our and God's story are intertwined.
- Colour Conference: The Green Room - Interviews with speakers from the Colour Conference
- Colour Conference: Main Stage
- The Sisterhood Stories - Stories from Inspirational Women
- Chapel: The College Experience - Chapel Services and Stories from Hillsong International Leadership College
- What's Cooking with Young & Free - Comedy Cooking Show
- Hillsong Kids: A BiG Life - Children's Ministry Show
- Hillsong Kids Jr Cubby House - Songs, craft and bible stories for ages 3–5
- Sex, Love & Relationships
The Hillsong Channel also airs specials including Documentaries, Worship and other Music Projects like Let There Be LIght, events and short series.
- "The Church Channel - Request Church Channel". Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- Ong, Czarina (March 21, 2016). "Hillsong Church to launch own TV channel to 'exalt Jesus and empower people' 24/7". Christian Today. Retrieved May 7, 2016.
- "Christian Television Leader TBN Partnering With Hillsong in Launch of Innovative Worship Network" (Press release). Trinity Broadcasting Network & Hillsong Church. March 9, 2016. Retrieved May 8, 2016.
- "TBN Salsa English Language Hispanic Faith and family network launches". Retrieved June 1, 2016.
- "Hillsong Church launches 'life-changing' new 24/7 TV channel | Christian News on Christian Today". www.christiantoday.com. Retrieved June 2, 2016.
- "Hillsong Channel – live broadcast Hillsong Church, Worship, conferences and leadership resources for Apple TV by Hillsong Church". Retrieved July 18, 2016.
- "Hillsong Channel now available on Fetch TV". Christian Today Ministries. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 9 October 2016.
- hillsong (24 July 2016). "Hey Australia! @HillsongChannel is now available on #FetchTV on CH 197! Get Fetch TV at fetchtv.com.au" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "Hillsong Church - Spiritually Alive, Not Staying Alive". Youtube. Hillsong Church. 10 September 2016. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Check out what shows we have coming your... - Hillsong Channel | Facebook". www.facebook.com. Retrieved June 2, 2016.