The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Colorado
As of January 1, 2011, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reported 142,473 members in 30 stakes, 289 congregations (257 wards and 32 branches), four missions, and one temple in Colorado.
|This section requires expansion. (January 2009)|
A brief history can be found at Church News "US Information: Colorado"
The Colorado Mission was opened on December 15, 1896 with John W. Taylor as president. This mission was renamed the Western States Mission on April 1, 1907, then the Colorado-New Mexico Mission on June 10, 1970, then the Colorado Mission on October 10, 1972, and the Colorado Denver Mission on June 20 1974. It was finally renamed the Colorado Denver South Mission on July 1, 1993 upon creation of the Colorado Denver North Mission.
Colorado now contains four missions.
|Colorado Denver South Mission||December 15, 1896|
|Colorado Denver North Mission||July 1, 1993|
|Colorado Colorado Springs Mission||July 1, 2002|
|Colorado Fort Collins Mission||July 1, 2013|
|40. Denver Colorado|
Centennial, Colorado, US
|156. Fort Collins Colorado (Under construction)|
Fort Collins, Colorado, USA
- Conejos County, Colorado: Religious history
- Pueblo, Colorado, where the sick detachments of the Mormon Battalion wintered in 1846-1847
- Colorado Stakes. LDS Stake & Ward Web Sites. List of Stakes in Colorado.
- LDS Meetinghouse Locator. Nearby congregations (wards and branches).
- "Facts and Statistics: Statistics by Country: USA-Colorado", Newsroom (LDS Church), 31 December 2011, retrieved 2012-10-18
- "United States information: Colorado", Church News Online Almanac (Deseret News), February 2, 2010, retrieved 2012-10-18
- John Whittaker Taylor. Grampa Bill's General Authority Pages
- "Fort Collins Colorado Temple", ldschurchtemples.com, retrieved 2 April 2011.
- "Site Announced for Fort Collins Temple", LDS Newsroom (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), retrieved 10 August 2011.
- Sterzer, Rachel (August 24, 2013), "Elder Rasband breaks ground for Fort Collins Colorado Temple", Deseret News, retrieved 2013-08-25
- Jensen, Richard L. (1992), "Colorado, Pioneer Settlements in", in Ludlow, Daniel H., Encyclopedia of Mormonism, New York, NY: Macmillan, p. 294, ISBN 0-02-904040-X, OCLC 24502140.
- LDS Newsroom (Colorado)
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Official Site
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - Visitors Site
|This article related to the Latter Day Saint movement is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|