|Type||Weekly (from 12 October 2017) newspaper, formerly six-day-a-week|
The Gloucester Citizen is a local British weekly newspaper covering the areas of Gloucester, Stroud and the Forest of Dean. It was a six-day-a-week newspaper until it went weekly in October 2017. The Gloucester Citizen is headquartered at Gloucester Quays along with its sister newspaper the Gloucestershire Echo. Its current editor is Rachael Sugden.
The Gloucester Citizen is a former daily (six days per week) newspaper which went weekly from the October 12 2017 issue, publishing on Thursdays. Before the changed frequency, it had a Saturday edition containing the Weekend magazine. There was also a Forest of Dean edition of the newspaper which was released on a Wednesday. The Pink 'Un, focusing on the sport side of the county, was a supplement which came out each Monday with the newspaper and Citizen People focusing on the individual local communities also releases on Monday.
- Live, Gloucestershire (2017-09-12). "Citizen and Echo newspapers to go weekly". gloucestershirelive. Retrieved 2020-07-09.
- Linford, Paul. "Dailies-turned-weeklies move to new Quayside premises". Hold the Front Page. Retrieved 27 October 2019.
- "Newspapers" (PDF). Gloucestershire Archives Hb. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- The Citizen by John Lovell. livinggloucester.co.uk Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- Daily Mail sells regional newspapers to Local World BBC News, 21 November 2012. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
|This United Kingdom newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|