The City School (Pakistan)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The City School|
I am to Learn
|Pakistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Malaysia, Bangladesh, Oman|
|Managing Director||Farzana Firoz|
|Average class size||Toddlers - A Levels|
|Color(s)||Maroon , Blue , Yellow , White , Grey|
The City School's (abbreviated as TCS) is an independent Pakistani for-profit education company which operates 192 English medium primary and secondary schools in 53 cities across Pakistan along with joint venture projects in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Philippines, Malaysia and Bangladesh. It is Pakistan's second-largest private education firm, with a total of 65,000 students enrolled as of 2016, with average tuition fees of about $200 a month 
Its primary school is based on curriculum derived from the UK's National Curriculum, while its secondary school education is divided between the local Pakistani curriculum and the Cambridgeregulated international GCE programs. Founded in Karachi in 1978, the school's head office is based in Lahore with regional offices in Karachi and Islamabad. In collaboration with various other national institutions it also runs the The City APIIT.
- 1 Class Levels
- 2 Campuses or branches
- 3 Curriculum
- 3.1 Preschool and Class 1-4
- 3.2 Class 5-8
- 3.3 Class 9-11 (O Level)
- 3.4 Class A-1 and A-2 (AS/A Level)
- 3.5 Business Accounting
- 3.6 Other Subjects
- 4 References
- 5 External links
|Class Levels||Age In July|
|Class 9 (O-Levels)
9 M (Matric)
|Class 10 (O-Levels)
10 M (Matric)
|Class 11 (O-Levels)||15+|
Campuses or branches
- Main Campus is a coeducational branch located at airport road Classes are available from Playgroup to A Level.
- Jinnah Campus is a coeducational branch in Qasimabad, Hyderabad. Classes are available from Playgroup to GCE O Levels.
- Liaquat Campus is a coeducational branch located at 506 Kohsar Housing Scheme Phase V. It provides education from Playgroup to Class 11, including GCE O Levels.
The City School Campus, Peshawar Road,Rawalpindi
- Chenab Campus is located in East Canal Road, Faisalabad. The branch offers education from Playgroup to A Levels.
- Peoples Colony Branch is located at House No.146-B, Chen-One Road, Peoples Colony No.1, Faisalabad Phone No.0092418547563. The branch offers education from Playgroup to Class 4.
- Nursery Branch Civil Lines is located in Civil Lines Bilal near Sitara Tower, Faisalabad which offers education from Playgroup to grade 6.
- Darakhshan Campus is located in Kayabane-e-Bukhari, Defence Housing Authority. Girls and boys are segregated from Class 7. It also prepares students for GCE O Levels.
- PAF Chapter is located on Pakistan Air Force (PAF) property in Karachi. It is a co-educational campus occupying two acres and accommodating over 3500 students. The classes are available from Playgroup to A Levels. Facilities include a swimming pool with bleachers, a playing field with volleyball courts, multi-storey cafeteria, science and IT laboratories, art and music rooms, libraries and common rooms. With a student population of about 3,000, it is the largest private school in Pakistan. In 2004, scholarships were introduced for A Level students. The PAF Chapter is located on Shaheed-e-Millat, a busy thoroughfare. Traffic jams frequently occur during the morning and afternoon rush hours. After several requests from the school management to the mayor of Karachi, CDGK an overhead bridge has now been constructed to ease the traffic flow.
The branch has a sports teams for cricket, soccer, athletics, netball, basketball and volleyball. These teams take part in competitions, and often win trophies. The school has clubs and societies that students are encouraged to join, such as arts, debates, dramatics, environment, film and photography, journalism, music, science and social services.
- PECHS A Level Branch is located at near Ferozabad Police Station.
- PECHS Boys Campus is located at Tipu Sultan Road, Mohammad Ali Society, PECHS (Beside Hill Park), O, Level
- Gulshan Campus A (GC) is a boys branch located in Gulshan-e-Iqbal. It has facilities including a large play ground, library, computer laboratories and a sports room.It offers education from grade 7 till grade 11(O-Levels)
- Gulshan Campus B is located at PB 4,Block B N.C.E.C.H.S Block 10-A Gulshan-e-Iqbal, Karachi.It is a co-educational campus and offers education from grade 1 to grade 7.There are enough facilities like a large playground,computer lab and a library.
- Gulshan Junior Girls (GJG) is located at E-65,Block-7,Gulshan-e-Iqbal,Karachi.It offers education to young girls of grade 6 and 7.
- Girls Campus Gulshan (GCG) (previously consisted of Gulshan Prep Girls and Gulshan Senior Girls) is located at E-61,62, Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal.It offers education to girls of grade 8 and O-Levels(9,10 and 11).The branch is well equipped and is well furnished, has a two large playground, two science, two computer and a single home Economics laboratories and a two libraries fully equipped. The Campus is a recognized proctor (testing center) for Microsoft Office Specialist.
- Gulshan A Level Campus: Is a branch for students who opt for A Levels. It is sufficiently furnished has seminar rooms, a library, a gym, a cafeteria and common rooms for both girls and boys. There are reports that this branch is in the process of relocating to a larger building in the near future.It is located at E-21/22, Block 7, Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
- Other branches in Gulshan Network Gulshan Junior A, Gulshan Junior B,Gulshan Junior C,Gulshan Junior D,Gulshan Junior E and Gulshan Junior F.
- Senior Girls North Nazimabad: This branch is located in North Nazimabad opposite to the Senior Boys campus. It has Class 9 to 11.
- Gulberg Girls Junior Campus was located at 66 Block B-III, Gulberg III. It offered education from Class 3 to 5. It was closed down in 2011 and the students were shifted to either Shalimar Campus or Gulberg Girls Campus.
- Shalimar Campus is a boys branch located at 32 Industrial Area, Gurumangat Road, Gulberg III. It offers education from Class 6 to 9, including GCE O Levels.
- Gulberg Girls Campus is a girls branch located at 73 Block B-I, Gulberg III. It offers education from Class 6 to 11 including GCE O Levels.
- Iqbal Town Campus is a coeducational branch located at 143 Rachna Block, Allama Iqbal Town. It offers education from Playgroup to Class 2.
- Main Gulberg Campus is a coeducational branch located at 37 Block B, Main Gulberg. It offers education from Playgroup to Class II.
- Model Town Junior Campus is a coeducational branch located at 12 Block B Model Town. It offers education from Playgroup to Grade IV.
- Model Town Campus is a coeducational branch located at 202 Block M, Model Town. It offers education from Playgroup to Class 11, including GCE O Levels.
- Muslim Town Campus is divided into branches, 100-A that offers education from Playgroup to Class 5(coeducational), 105-A is boys branch that offers education from class 6 to GCE O Levels class 11 and 106-A is girls branch that offers education from class 6 to GCE O Levels class 11.
- Ravi Campus is a coeducational branch located at 303/304 Block H-III, Johar Town. It offers education from Playgroup to A Levels, including GCE O, AS and A Levels.
- Township Campus is a coeducational branch located at Peco Road Township. It offers education from Playgroup to Class 2.
Class A-1 and A-2 (AS/A Level)
- The City School. http://thecityschool.edu.pk/about-the-city-school-pakistan/. Retrieved 26 April 2015. Missing or empty
- FaseehMangi, Chris Kay christopherkay Faseeh Mangi. "Pakistan City Schools Eyes First Education IPO Amid MSCI Review". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
- Dawn.com (2016-05-28). "City Schools planning country’s first education IPO". www.dawn.com. Retrieved 2016-05-28.
-  The City School Overview
- "Admission Class Levels".
-  The City School Class levels
-  The City School Facilities
- Letter to the editor
- DAWN newspaper Inter School Table Tennis
- World Wildlife Fund Green Gold Club Member Schools