|Former names||Citizens Bank Tower|
|Location||2200 North Classen Boulevard,
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
|Roof||287 ft (87 m)|
|Floor area||10,890 m2 (117,200 sq ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Bozalis & Roloff
Merriman Associates/Architects, Inc
Citizens Bank Tower
|Area||2 acres (0.81 ha)|
|NRHP reference #||09000978|
|Added to NRHP||March 8, 2010|
The Classen (Originally Citizens Bank Tower) is a skyscraper in the uptown section of Oklahoma City, near the city's Paseo Arts District and Asian District. The residential tower has 21 floors and is 287 feet tall. The building was finished in 1967 as the headquarters of then Citizens National Bank. The tower was recently renovated and now consists of residential apartments for rent.
The Citizens Bank Tower is an architecturally significant building in Oklahoma City with its hexagonal plan, slender profile, unusual sunscreens and rigorously sculpted crown. It was among the first tall office buildings to be erected outside of downtown Oklahoma City, setting the standard for other distinctive large freestanding suburban skyscrapers. The Citizens Bank Tower was designed by Robert Roloff of Bozalis, who considered it a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright and his Price Tower constructed in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The interior of the tower has been adapted to apartment units for contemporary use. Citizens Bank Tower has been listed on the National Register of Historic Places since March 8, 2010. The listing was announced as the featured listing in the National Park Service's weekly list of March 19, 2010.
The Classen is modeled under the modern school of construction and has an exposed concrete narrow base.
- List of tallest buildings in Oklahoma City
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Oklahoma County, Oklahoma
- "Announcements and actions on properties for the National Register of Historic Places for March 19, 2010". Weekly Listings. National Park Service. March 19, 2010. Retrieved 2010-04-02.
- Steven McQuillin and Lynda B. Schwan (May 2009). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Citizens Bank Tower" (PDF). National Park Service. Retrieved 2010-04-02. (41 pages, with 12 photos from 2009)
- "The Classen". SkyscraperPage.
- National Register of Historic Places
- "Weekly Highlight 03/19/2010 Citizens Bank Tower, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma".