The Clink of Ice
|The Clink of Ice|
|Le Bruit des glaçons|
|Directed by||Bertrand Blier|
|Produced by||David Poirot|
|Written by||Bertrand Blier|
|Edited by||Marion Monestier|
|Distributed by||Wild Bunch Distribution|
|Box office||$9.1 million|
The Clink of Ice is a 2010 French black comedy film written and directed by Bertrand Blier. The plot centers on Charles (Jean Dujardin), an alcoholic writer who is confronted by an incarnation of his own cancer (Albert Dupontel). The film's original French title is Le Bruit des glaçons, which literally means "The noise of ice cubes".
- Jean Dujardin as Charles
- Albert Dupontel as Charles' cancer
- Anne Alvaro as Louisa
- Myriam Boyer as Louisa's cancer
- Christa Theret as Evguenia
- Audrey Dana as Carole
- Jean Dell as The oncologist
The budget was around 7 million Euro, including money from the TV channel France 2. Filming started 30 November 2009 and ended seven weeks later in Anduze, close to Nîmes, southern France. Major film studio Pathé was originally involved but left the production in the summer 2009.
|Award / Film Festival||Category||Recipients and nominees||Result|
|César Awards||Best Director||Bertrand Blier||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Anne Alvaro||Won|
|Best Original Screenplay||Bertrand Blier||Nominated|
|Lumières Awards||Most Promising Actor||Emile Berling||Nominated|
|Venice Film Festival||Europa Cinemas Label||Won|
- "LE BRUIT DES GLAÇONS (2010)". JP' Box-Office. Retrieved 2010-08-25.
- Lemercier, Fabien (2009-11-30). "Dujardin and Dupontel star in Blier's The Sound of Ice Cubes". Cineuropa.org. Retrieved 2010-04-14.
- Grasset, Alain (2010-01-31). "Une " comédie très noire " sur le cancer signée Bertrand Blier". Le Parisien (in French). Retrieved 2010-04-14.
- "The Clink Of Ice (Le Bruit Des Glacons) (2011)". Rotten Tomatoes.
|This article related to a French film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|