The Coffin Maker
"The Coffin Maker" is a popular award winning Indian poem by the internationally acclaimed Indian English poet Gopi Krishnan Kottoor. The poem won Second Prize in the Sixth All India Poetry Competition conducted by The Poetry Society (India) in 1995. This was the first major literary award for Kottoor, who went on to win four more major poetry awards at All India Poetry Competition.
Comments and criticism
The poem has received rave reviews since its first publication in 1995 in the book Emerging Voices and has since been widely anthologised. The poem has been frequently quoted in scholarly analysis of contemporary Indian English Poetry. The poem has become very popular in Indian English literature and has been widely anthologised.
- Sixth National Poetry Competition 1995 - Award Winners
- The Coffin Maker - The Full Poem
- Gopi Kottoor and His Poems
- India Writes - Contemporary Indian Poetry
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: The Coffin Maker|
- "Award Winning Poems - AIPC 1995".
- Poetry India - Emerging Voices by H K Kaul, Virgo Publications, 1998
- Contemporary Indian Poets by Jeet Thayil, Fulcrum, Bloodaxe Books, 1996
- "Fourteen Contemporary Indian Poets – Rana Nayar in The Tribune".