The Cohen Group
|Industry||International Strategic Consulting|
|Headquarters||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|William Cohen (Chairman)
Marc Grossman (Vice Chair)
Joseph Ralston (Vice Chair)
The Cohen Group is a business advisory firm providing corporate leadership with strategic advice and assistance in business development, regulatory affairs, deal sourcing, and capital raising activities. The firm covers major business sectors and critical regions of the world, including the Middle East, the Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Europe. The firm is based in Washington, D.C., with offices in London, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, New Delhi, Beijing, and Tianjin. The Cohen Group also has a strategic partnership with DLA Piper, a global law firm with over 4,200 lawyers and 71 offices in 30 countries throughout the world.
The firm was founded in 2001 by former United States Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen to help multinational clients expand overseas. The Cohen Group has a strategic alliance with DLA Piper, a global law firm specializing in business, real estate, and technology. In June 2016, Secretary Cohen joined BBC as a World Affairs Analyst and appears regularly on the flagship newscast BBC World News America and other programs.
Employees of the Cohen Group include former senior U.S. government officials and staffers from the White House, the State Department, the Defense Department, the Commerce Department, and Congress. The most senior employees at the Cohen Group include:
- Marc Grossman, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, United States Ambassador to Turkey
- Joseph Ralston, former United States Air Force general, NATO Supreme Allied Commander, Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- R. Nicholas Burns, former Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs, United States Ambassador to Greece
- William Zarit, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce, Minister for Commercial Affairs at the US Embassy in Beijing
- Jeffrey Davidow, former United States Ambassador to Zambia, United States Ambassador to Venezuela, United States Ambassador to Mexico 
- Paul J. Kern, former United States Army general, Commander of the Army Materiel Command, Senior Adviser for Army Research, Development and Acquisition
- James Loy, former United States Coast Guard admiral, Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security, Administrator of the Transportation Security Administration, Commandant of the Coast Guard
- Harry Raduege, former United States Air Force lieutenant general, Director of the Defense Information Systems Agency, Commander of the Joint Task Force-Global Network Operations
- George Robertson, Baron Robertson of Port Ellen, former Secretary General of NATO and United Kingdom Secretary of State for Defence
- Joseph Yakovac, former United States Army lieutenant general, Director of the Army Acquisition Corps and Military Deputy to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology
- April 21, 2017, Juan Gonzalez: Tillerson's Diplomatic Approach in Venezuela is Paying off Foreign Affairs
- January 15, 2017, Two Visions, One Collaboration? Part of a Future for US-China Relations? The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus
- June 27, 2016, Amb. Nicholas Burns: NATO After Brexit: Restoring the Power and Purpose of the Alliance Atlantic Council
- February 13, 2016, Former Labour defence chief George Robertson warns Jeremy Corbyn not to scrap Trident The Telegraph
- July 15, 2015, Ambassador Nicholas Burns: Syria’s worsening refugee crisis demands action from the West The Washington Post
- July 9, 2015, Ambassador Nicholas Burns: The deal is historic, but the US must now act to contain Iran Financial Times
- May 27, 2015, Secretary Cohen: Why President Obama Should Export Crude Oil Time
- April 4, 2015, Secretary Cohen: President Obama Has Put Republicans and Our Allies in a Box Time
- March 6, 2014, Secretary Cohen: Whither NATO? Difficulties in the Trans-Atlantic Relationship Spiegel Online
- November 9, 2013, Ambassador Marc Grossman: The Power to Secure Afghanistan's Future is in the Hands of the People German Marshall Fund
- November 11, 2012, Secretary Cohen: The Pivot to Asia and Obama’s Second Term Hindustan Times
- Cohen Group website
- "The Cohen Group Announces Further Expansion of India Practice"
- Cohen Group Locations
- DLA Piper: Strategic Alliance with The Cohen Group.
- "Former US Senator and Defense Secretary William Cohen joins BBC News as a World Affairs Analyst"
- The Cohen Group Further Expands Latin America Practice; Adds Senior State Department Official Ambassador Jeffrey Davidow
- "Former NATO Head Lord George Robertson Joins The Cohen Group"