The College Dropout Video Anthology
|The College Dropout Video Anthology|
|Released||March 22, 2005|
|Kanye West chronology|
The College Dropout Video Anthology is a DVD released featuring the music videos to the singles from American rapper Kanye West's debut studio album The College Dropout (2004), released on March 22, 2005. It featured the videos to the previously unreleased "Two Words", "Slow Jamz", "Through the Wire", "All Falls Down", the three versions of "Jesus Walks", and "The New Workout Plan".
West has said on many occasions that he feels the imagery of his music videos are very important to him and an integral part to his art. He contributed to the direction of the videos for "All Falls Down" and three versions of "Jesus Walks".
The initial music video for "Jesus Walks" was rejected by MTV and other networks for being inappropriate for airing, so West made an alternate version for MTV. A third video was also made, although rarely seen before this DVD.
It was accompanied by a bonus audio CD that featured seven otherwise unreleased songs by West. Three are remixes or reprises of songs from The College Dropout, two are alternate instrumental versions of Dropout tracks, and two ("It's Alright" and "Heavy Hitters") were previously unreleased originals.
On June 13, 2007, the DVD/CD set was declared certified Gold by the RIAA. Such an honor was declared once the album surpassed the 500,000 units sold mark.
|1.||"Through the Wire"||4:54|
|2.||"Slow Jamz" (performed by Twista featuring Kanye West & Jamie Foxx)||3:34|
|3.||"All Falls Down" (featuring Syleena Johnson)||4:05|
|4.||"Two Words" (featuring Mos Def, Freeway and The Harlem Boys Choir)||4:43|
|5.||"Jesus Walks" (Church version)||Michael Haussman||4:04|
|6.||"Jesus Walks" (Chris Milk version)||Milk||4:06|
|7.||"Jesus Walks" (Street version)||4:18|
|8.||"Jesus Walks" (Making of the video)||66:56|
|9.||"The New Workout Plan" (Extended version featuring Fonzworth Bentley)||8:06|
|Bonus CD (All tracks produced by Kanye West except "The New Workout Plan (Remix)" (produced by Lil Jon)|
|1.||"We Don't Care (Reprise)" (featuring Keyshia Cole)||2:57|
|2.||"Jesus Walks (Remix)" (featuring Mase and Common)||4:58|
|3.||"It's Alright" (featuring Ma$e and John Legend)||3:51|
|4.||"The New Workout Plan (Remix)" (featuring Fonzworth Bentley, Luke and Twista)||4:02|
|5.||"Two Words (Cinematic)" (featuring The Harlem Boys Choir)||4:06|
|6.||"Never Let Me Down (Cinematic)"||5:16|
- "We Don't Care" contains samples from "I Just Wanna Stop" performed by The Jimmy Castor Bunch.
- "Jesus Walks" (Remix) contains a sample of "Walk With Me" performed by The Arc Choir.
- "Two Words" contains a sample of "Peace And Love (Amani Na Mapenzi) - Movement IV (Encounter)" performed by Mandrill.
- "Never Let Me Down" contains an interpolation of "Maybe It's The Power Of Love", written by Michael Bolton and Bruce Kulick
- "Kanye West's Videos: 'Jesus Walks' ... And Walks ... And Walks". MTV News. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- The College Dropout Video Anthology on IMDb
- Roc-A-Fella: Album Certified Gold
- BBC's Kanye West Discography, featuring The College Dropout Video Anthology
- MTV.com Page for The College Dropout Video Anthology under Kanye West discography