The Colony (American TV series)
|Also known as||The Colonization|
|Narrated by||Thom Beers|
Amygdala Music Library
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||20|
|Executive producers||Thom Beers|
Philip David Segal
|Production locations||516 S Anderson St, Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Running time||44 minutes|
|Original network||Discovery Channel|
|Original release||July 21, 2009 –|
September 28, 2010
The first season was filmed at and around 516 S Anderson St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, and follows ten cast members in an environment that simulates life after the collapse of civilization due to a catastrophic epidemic. The volunteers tend to many aspects of sustainable living including the essentials: water, electricity, security and food. Insights into psychology, security, and technology are also given by experts. The season first aired on the Discovery Channel on July 21, 2009. Filming began on February 28, and ran until April 28, 2009.
Season 2 was filmed at and around 300-498 Southern Place, Chalmette, Louisiana 70043, and follows ten cast members in an environment that simulates life after a global viral outbreak. The season first aired on July 27, 2010.
- "The Colony". Metal Flowers Media. 2009-10-13. Archived from the original on 2012-03-09. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Poniewozik, James (July 21, 2009). "Review of Discovery's Postapocalyptic Reality Show The Colony". Time. Retrieved July 11, 2012.
- Allen, David (July 15, 2009). "Discovery Channel to run viral pandemic survival show". Tech Watch. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- "The Colony: About the Show". Discovery Channel. Archived from the original on July 23, 2010. Retrieved July 15, 2009.
- "The Colony: About the Show : Discovery Channel". Dsc.discovery.com. 2011-12-01. Archived from the original on 2010-07-23. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "Metal Flowers Media: Now Casting". Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- Metal Flowers Media [@metalflowers] (3 June 2011). "COLONY UPDATE: looks like Colony 3 is on a semi-permanent hold. We'll keep you updated as soon as we hear... fb.me/Zm4r8MKh" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Lenoir, Bill (1 September 2013). "TEotWaWKI TV Review: The Colony". TEotWaWKI Diary: End of the World Survival, with or without Zombies. Centreville, VA. Retrieved 18 February 2020.
- Poniewozik, James (21 July 2009). "TV Tonight: The Colony". TIME magazine. Retrieved 18 February 2020.
- Interview with John Cohn on The Linux Link Tech Show