The Color Fred
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Color Fred
The Color Fred in Covington
|Origin||West Chester, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Genres||Indie rock, alternative rock, emo|
|Associated acts||Taking Back Sunday, Terrible Things, Breaking Pangaea, Brody, Versa|
|Past members||Matthew Fleischman|
The Color Fred is a band headed by former Taking Back Sunday guitarist and singer Fred Mascherino. The band got their name by a poll taken on the internet and The Color Fred was declared as the fans' favorite name. The band was started while he was in the band Breaking Pangaea. The Color Fred was featured on a compilation by Equal Vision Records in 2005. Mascherino has worked with Macbeth Athletics to design and produce the F. P. Mascho, as part of Macbeth's Studio Projects. The shoe displayed the drawings of Jude Ianelli that also appeared on The Color Fred's official website, and some lyrics.
On October 4, 2007, Fred left Taking Back Sunday to concentrate on his new project full-time.
The Color Fred released The Intervention EP in April 2009. The EP features new and old songs performed acoustic, plus two home demos.
A DVD has been in the works for the band since early 2008. Mascherino stated that it would contrast the differences between life on the road with The Color Fred and Fred's former band, Taking Back Sunday. This would go unreleased until February 2019, when it was uploaded to Youtube by Mascherino himself.
The project was put on hold so that Fred could focus on his new band, Terrible Things with Andy Jackson and Josh Eppard. On The Color Fred's Myspace page, Fred said: "A lot of people have been asking about TCF as well. I still love all the songs I've put out through that so it will continue to be my solo project that I'll do when the new band is on break... if it ever is! But I really feel that if you were ever a fan of the music I've been so lucky to make over the years, you won't be let down by the Terrible Things record. I want to thank you guys especially for supporting me all these years and especially during the last 2 years while I was rebuilding and rethinking everything about what I do. It really helped to have my TCF fans when things got hard. I won't let you guys down -Fred"
In 2012, Fred toured as The Color Fred for the Super Karate Tour 
On January 29, 2019, a new website for The Color Fred went online, announcing that Fred was in the studio recording new material for the band. On May 1, 2019, The Color Fred released their first new recording in ten years, "Don't Give Up on Me."
- Fred Mascherino (lead vocals/lead guitar)
- Keith Gibbons (bass guitar)
- Stephen Angello (rhythm guitar/backing vocals)
- Monte Holt (drums/vocals)
- "Hate to See You Go"
- "If I Surrender"
- Billboard, Allmusic.com
- The Color Fred interview with Suburban Roads Magazine
- "New Official TCF Website". The Color Fred. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "The Color Fred on Instagram: "New website coming soon! Lots of things in the works 💻 🎧 🎛 . pic by Vince Sadonis @favoritesightssounds . . . . . . #thecolorfred…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- "The Color Fred Releases First Song in 10 Years". The Color Fred. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- Don't Give Up On Me - The Color Fred - Official Lyric Video, retrieved 2019-07-21
- The Color Fred (2019-05-01), The Color Fred - Don't Give Up On Me [OFFICIAL LYRIC VIDEO], retrieved 2019-07-21
- "The Color Fred resurfaces with first new song in over a decade • Punk Rock Theory". Punk Rock Theory. 2019-05-06. Retrieved 2019-07-21.
- The Color Fred Official MySpace
- The Color Fred Official Modlife
- The Color Fred Music Emissions
- The Color Fred at Equal Vision Records
- Burning Stars Interview with Fred - 2008
- VerseOne Magazine Interview with Fred - 2008
- Interview @ SHOUT! Music Webzine
- Interview with Fred Mascherino 03/15/08
- Review on Bend To Break