The Computer Channel (BSB)
|The Computer Channel|
The Movie Channel|
The Sports Channel
The Power Station
at time of closure
|Analogue||Marcopolo 1 11.93846|
The Computer Channel was a British satellite television channel run by British Satellite Broadcasting (BSB).
The Computer Channel was created to broadcast specialist training programmes for the computer industry. The Analysis programme covered IT news, interviews and reviews of new products. The editor and main presenter was Clive Couldwell, former editor of Which Computer magazine.
The channel was not for home viewing by the general public, and so was not promoted in most BSB advertising, or on their other channels. It was part of BSB's Datavision subsidiary, which offered encrypted television services and data reception to business users through BSB's domestic TV receivers.
- "The Analysis programme on The Computer Channel". Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Launch of The Computer Channel at the Which Computer? Show". Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "clivecouldwell.com". Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "Datavision promotional video". Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "New Scientist article". Retrieved 27 February 2016.
- "BSB Datavision at DueDil". Retrieved 27 February 2016.