The Conan Chronicles, 2
Cover of the first edition
|Author||Robert E. Howard|
|Cover artist||John Howe|
|Series||Gollancz Conan Chronicles|
|Genre||Fantasy short stories|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
|Pages||xii, 575 pp|
|Preceded by||The Conan Chronicles, Volume 1: The People of the Black Circle|
The Conan Chronicles: Volume 2: The Hour of the Dragon is a collection of fantasy short stories written by Robert E. Howard featuring his sword and sorcery hero Conan the Barbarian. The book was published in 2001 by Gollancz as sixteenth volume of their Fantasy Masterworks series. The book, edited by Stephen Jones, presents the stories in their internal chronological order. Most of the stories originally appeared in the magazines Weird Tales, Fantasy Magazine and The Howard Collector.
- Map of the Hyborian Age, by Dave Senior
- Notes on Various Peoples of the Hyborian Age
- "Red Nails"
- "Jewels of Gwahlur"
- "Beyond the Black River"
- "The Black Stranger"
- "Wolves Beyond the Border" (Draft)
- "The Phoenix on the Sword"
- "The Scarlet Citadel"
- "The Hour of the Dragon" (poem)
- "The Hour of the Dragon"
- Afterword: Robert E. Howard and Conan: The Final Years, by Stephen Jones
- Brown, Charles N.; William G. Contento. "The Locus Index to Science Fiction (2001)". Retrieved 2008-02-04.
|This article about a collection of fantasy short stories is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|