|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
The Concretes playing at Ugglan, 22 December 2006.
Astralwerks, Something In Construction
|Associated acts||Taken By Trees, Peter Bjorn and John, Frida Hyvönen Milberg|
|Past members||Victoria Bergsman|
The Concretes began with Victoria Bergsman, Maria Eriksson, and Lisa Milberg. Since their formation in 1995, they have grown into an eight piece band. They have a number of "Honorary Concretes" who play on their records.
One of their songs from their debut album The Concretes, "Say Something New", has been featured on a number of television advertisements in the United States for Target. "You Can't Hurry Love", also from their debut album, has been used in major motion pictures and other films. Their second album, In Colour, was released in 2006. It was followed shortly after by the departure of lead singer Victoria Bergsman, who has since moved on to her solo project, Taken By Trees. Lisa Milberg now provides lead vocals for the band, both on stage and on the band's third album Hey Trouble, released early 2007.
Maria Eriksson is also half of the band Heikki, with guitarist Jari Haapalainen. They released their self-titled debut, a mini-CD, in Scandinavia in 2002. The follow-up, Heikki 2, appeared in 2004. Lisa Milberg also makes music on her own, under the name Milberg. Her first solo album was released in 2009.
- Maria Eriksson – guitar, lead and backup vocals
- Martin Hansson – bass, backup vocals
- Ulrik Janusson – horns, piano, backup vocals
- Lisa Milberg – drums, lead and backup vocals
- Dante Kinnunen - drums
- Per Nyström – organ, backup vocals
- Ludvig Rylander – horns, piano and backing vocals
- Daniel Värjö – guitar, mandolin, backup vocals
- Victoria Bergsman – lead vocals
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (December 2014)|
- The Concretes, released 2003 in Sweden; 2004 internationally.
- In Colour, released 13 March 2006 in the UK; 4 April 2006 in the US.
- Hey Trouble, released 2007.
- WYWH, released 2010.
- Boyoubetterunow, released 2000; comprising their first two EPs.
- Layourbattleaxedown, released 26 July 2005; b-sides/rarities compilation.
- "Forces" (2002)
- "You Can't Hurry Love" (2003)
- "Warm Night" (2003)
- "Say Something New" (2004)
- "Seems Fine" (2004)
- "Chico" (2004)
- "Lady December" (2004)
- "Chosen One" (2006)
- "On the Radio" (2006)
- "Kids" (2007)
- "Oh Boy" (2007)
- "Keep Yours" (2007)
- Official site
- The Concretes at Astralwerks
- The Concretes. Ychl Video at TV-Click
- Interview with Lisa and Ludvig from The Concretes - ZME Music, Jul 14