The Coral Sea (band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|The Coral Sea|
|Origin||California, United States|
|Genres||Indie, Art rock|
|Labels||Hidden Agenda Records, Red Clover Records|
The Coral Sea is a California-based indie rock band led by Rey Villalobos. Their music is atmospheric and ambient. Their songs have been used on American TV shows Grey's Anatomy, Sleeper Cell and Californication. Their song "Yesterday / Tomorrow" was used at the end of the series pilot for Standoff.
The five-piece band was formed in 2004 by lead singer and songwriter Rey Villalobos. Their self-produced first album Volcano and Heart was released in 2006. After their debut, they toured the US and the UK, sharing bills with artists such as The Walkmen, St. Vincent, The Silversun Pickups, and Frank Black. They have also been in rotation on numerous radio shows, including KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic. In 2006, their song "Look at Her Face", from their first album, caught the attention of ABC TV and was featured on the Grey’s Anatomy season finale. In 2009, their song “Ah, Ah, Ah”, from their second album "Firelight", was featured on Grey's Anatomy.
Singles and EPs
- "Look At Her Face" - 24 April 2006, Limited Edition Single on EXERCISE1 Records (UK only)
- "Play Me" EP - 27 August 2010, Red Clover Records
- Volcano and Heart - 27 June 2006, Hidden Agenda Records (Parasol)
- Firelight - 8 August 2008, Red Clover Records
- Leigh Dicks, Brett. "New Album Finds The Coral Sea Burning Brighter Than Ever". Santa Barbara Independent, August 28, 2008. http://www.independent.com/news/2008/aug/28/new-album-finds-coral-sea-burning-brighter-ever/