The Coronation (film)
|Narrated by||Keeley Hawes|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Atlantic Productions|
|Original network||BBC One (UK)|
Smithsonian Channel (US)
|Original release||14 January 2018|
|Preceded by||Elizabeth at 90: A Family Portrait (2016)|
The Coronation is a 2018 British television documentary made to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the coronation of Elizabeth II.
It was broadcast on BBC One in the United Kingdom on 14 January 2018. The documentary also aired on the Smithsonian Channel in the United States on the same day, and was shown on ABC in Australia on 4 February 2018. It was made by Atlantic Productions and distributed by FremantleMedia International.
In the hour-long documentary, Queen Elizabeth II speaks candidly to Alastair Bruce of Crionaich, royal commentator for Sky News, about her experience of the coronation and some of the Crown Jewels used in the ceremony. The Queen has never been interviewed on camera, and the exchange, which often seemed like an interview, was officially described as a "conversation".
- "The Coronation". Smithsonian Channel. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- "ABC to celebrate 65th anniversary of her majesty The Queen's coronation". ABC (Australia). Retrieved 12 January 2018.
- "BBC One to tell the story of the symbols of the Coronation in a special new film announced as part of the Royal Collection Season". BBC. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- Guardian staff and agencies (12 January 2018). "The Queen gives rare personal account of her coronation in BBC documentary". The Guardian. Retrieved 13 January 2018.
- Ellen Barry (14 January 2018). "It's the Ultimate TV Prize: An Unscripted Queen Elizabeth". The New York Times. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- Trailer for the documentary
- Royal Regalia – commentary on the regalia by Anna Keay
- Imperial State Crown a clip from the documentary