The Country Mouse and the City Mouse Adventures
|The Country Mouse and the City Mouse Adventures|
|Also known as||'The Mouse Adventures (UK)|
|Written by||Patrick Granleese
Caroline R. Maria
|Voices of||Julie Burroughs
|Country of origin||France
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||52 (list of episodes)|
|Running time||23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||CINAR/France Animation
|Distributor||Cookie Jar Group (previously)
DHX Media (currently)
|Original network||HBO Family|
|Audio format||Dolby Surround|
|Original release||March 2, 1997 – October 28, 1998|
|Preceded by||The Country Mouse and the City Mouse: A Christmas Tale|
The Country Mouse and the City Mouse Adventures is an English-language animated TV series originating from France, Canada and the United States that aired on HBO from March 2, 1997 to October 28, 1998. The show follows the adventures of two cousin mice, Emily from the country and Alexander from the city, who go on adventures around the world in the early 20th century, usually to stop the evil rat No-Tail No-Goodnik.
- Emily (voiced by Julie Burroughs) is an American female country mouse and one of the protagonists of the series. She wears a red dress with a white apron on it and a straw hat with a red ribbon tied in a bow around it.
- Alexander (voiced by Terrence Scammell) is an American male city mouse and another protagonist of the series. He wears a blue suit and a matching hat with a red bowtie.
- No-Tail No-Goodnik (voiced by Rick Jones) is a rat thief and the antagonist of the series. He goes to some countries and often uses fake tails when doing his duty like doing disguises.
|Season premiere||Season finale|
|1||26||March 2, 1997||May 31, 1997|
|2||13||March 22, 1998||April 3, 1998|
|3||13||October 16, 1998||October 28, 1998|
The Country Mouse and the City Mouse Adventures was originally produced as a 26-episode series costing US$9 million. Production partners Germany's Ravensburger; Reader's Digest in the United States; and CINAR (now Cookie Jar Group), who contributed US$6 million towards the original project's funding.
The show's main characters first appeared in the 1993 HBO special, The Country Mouse and the City Mouse: A Christmas Tale. It was loosely based on the classic fable by Aesop.
Reruns of the show aired on the Cookie Jar Toons block on This TV until September 23, 2011, and weekend mornings in Ireland on RTÉ Two's The Den, usually at 7:15 a.m. However, all CINAR references in these broadcasts have been replaced by Cookie Jar references, but when Netflix began to stream season 1-2 on its "watch instantly" streaming service on February 29, 2012, all CINAR references have been restored.
Home media release
Mill Creek Entertainment released The Country Mouse and the City Mouse Adventures - 26 Mice Tales Around The World on August 4, 2015 on DVD for Region 1. This 2-disc collection features all 26 episodes from the second and third seasons on DVD for the very first time.
- Press release (February 14, 1996). "HBO Sets Out on The Country Mouse and The City Mouse Adventures, All-New Animated Family Series Launching in March". Newsroom. Time Warner. Archived from the original on March 15, 2006. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- Raugust, Karen (2004). "Financing and Deal Making". The Animation Business Handbook. St. Martin's Press. p. 173. ISBN 0-312-28428-4. Retrieved December 30, 2012.
- DVDs for '26 Mice Tales Around The World'