The Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos
|The Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos|
|Studio album by Toshiko Akiyoshi, Steve Kuhn|
|Recorded||Olmsted Studios, New York City, 1963|
DM-4308 / DS-6308
|Toshiko Akiyoshi chronology|
|Steve Kuhn chronology|
|Alternative cover / title|
The Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos is an album recorded by jazz pianists Toshiko Akiyoshi and Steve Kuhn in New York City in 1963 and released on the Dauntless label. It was later re-released on the Chiaroscuro label under the title, Together, Steve Kuhn and Toshiko Akiyoshi.
LP Side A
- "Trouble in Mind" (R. Jones) – 4:42
- "Hang Your Head in Shame" (E. G. Nelson, S. Nelson, F. Rose) – 3:54
- "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You" (M. Willson) – 3:20
- "Someday You'll Want Me to Want You" (J. Hodges) – 4:20
- "Down in the Valley" (traditional) – 3:40
LP Side B
- "Beautiful Brown Eyes" (G. Walters) – 4:22
- "It's No Secret (What God Can Do)" (S. Hamblen) – 4:47
- "Nobody's Darling But Mine" (J. Davis) – 3:23
- "Along the Navajo Trail" (D. Charles, E. DeLange, L. Markes) – 3:24
- "The Foggy Dew" (traditional) – 4:30
- Toshiko Akiyoshi – piano, celeste
- Steve Kuhn – piano, harpsichord
- David Izenzon – bass
- John Neves – bass
- Barry Galbraith – guitar
- Pete LaRoca – drums
- Dryden, Ken. "Steve Kuhn & Toshiko Akiyoshi: Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos". Allmusic. Retrieved 2013.
- Feather, Leonard (1966). The Encyclopedia of Jazz in the Sixties. New York: Bonanza Books. p. 269.
- "The Country and Western Sound of Jazz Pianos". High Fidelity. Volume 13, Part 1. p. 78. Retrieved 2013-03-25.
|This 1960s jazz album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|