The Creator (novelette)
Cover of the first edition
|Author||Clifford D. Simak|
|Cover artist||Alva Rogers|
|Genre||Science fiction novelette|
|Media type||Print (Paperback)|
The Creator is a science fiction novelette by author Clifford D. Simak. It was published in book form in 1946 by Crawford Publications in an edition of 500 copies. It had previously appeared in the September 1935 issue of the magazine Marvel Tales.
The novelette suggests that our universe was not created by God.
(See ISFDB listing, below, for additional publications)
- 1935, US, Marvel Tales, Pub date September 1935, Magazine
- 1946, US, Crawford Publications OCLC 17992907, Pub date 1946, Paperback
- 1961, US, Fantastic, Pub date July 1961, Magazine
- 1965, Italy, Oltre il Cielo, Pub date October 1965, Magazine serialization in 3 parts, as Il creatore
- 1981, US, Locus Press OCLC 25661305, Pub date 1981, Hardback and Paperback
- Chalker, Jack L.; Mark Owings (1998). The Science-Fantasy Publishers: A Bibliographic History, 1923-1998. Westminster, MD and Baltimore: Mirage Press, Ltd. pp. 245, 273, 393.
- Tuck, Donald H. (1978). The Encyclopedia of Science Fiction and Fantasy. Chicago: Advent. p. 391. ISBN 0-911682-22-8.
|This article about a 1940s science fiction novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.