The Curse (Atreyu album)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Studio album by Atreyu|
|Released||June 29, 2004|
|Recorded||Plumper Mountain Sound, Gibson's BC and The Warehouse Studio|
Special edition CD/DVD
|Singles from The Curse|
The Curse is the second studio album by American heavy metal band Atreyu, released on June 29, 2004, under Victory Records. The album went on to produce three singles, "Bleeding Mascara" "Right Side of the Bed" and "The Crimson".
The videos for "Right Side of the Bed" and "The Crimson" achieved much airplay on television networks such as MTV2 and FUSE. The songs also received airplay on some radio stations across various countries. Since its release, The Curse has gone on to sell more than 450,000 copies.
All tracks written by Atreyu.
|1.||"Blood Children (An Introduction)"||1:14|
|3.||"Right Side of the Bed"||3:42|
|4.||"This Flesh a Tomb"||4:00|
|5.||"You Eclipsed by Me"||3:40|
|7.||"The Remembrance Ballad"||4:31|
|10.||"Demonology and Heartache"||3:42|
|11.||"My Sanity on the Funeral Pyre"||3:40|
|13.||"Five Vicodin Chased with a Shot of Clarity"||4:26|
- A limited edition version of The Curse, which was only available at Best Buy stores, included a cover of Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" (Bonus Track). It was limited to 30,000 copies and used another cover, which is in black. The track is also included on the Japanese release.
- "Right Side of the Bed" appears on the soundtrack for the video game Burnout 3: Takedown.
Colored vinyl releases
- Clear Green (unknown)
- Clear (1040 copies)
- Red (1023)
- Gold (1019)
- White (121)
Limited edition re-release
On June 28, 2005, Victory Records re-released The Curse with a bonus DVD. The bonus DVD included four of the band's music videos, as follows:
- "Ain't Love Grand" (Music video)
- "Lip Gloss and Black" (Music video)
- "Right Side of the Bed" (Music video)
- "The Crimson" (Music video)
Only 30,000 copies of the limited edition version of the album were pressed and each copy is numbered in accordance.
Available on iTunes. Based on the normal 13 track version of the album.
- Dan Jacobs - lead and rhythm guitars
- Travis Miguel - rhythm and lead guitars
- Brandon Saller - drums, percussion, clean vocals
- Marc McKnight¹ - bass guitar, backing vocals
- Alex Varkatzas - lead vocals, lyrics
¹ Marc McKnight is listed as a member of the band but it is unclear as to whether he played bass on the recording. On The Curse DVD McKnight can be seen playing bass in nearly all of the songs recorded. The band gives thanks to Tom Macdonald, from the Canadian pop rock band, Hedley, for "lending his bass skills" to the recording, but it is not known whether he played bass on every song or only a select few.
- In an interview with Toazted, posted on YouTube in 2012, Brandon Saller claimed that they had hired a studio bass player and McKnight picked up playing with the band at the beginning of tour. He had learned all of the songs 3 weeks prior to the tour, and played his first show at a festival in Las Vegas for over 2,500 people.
- Album layout by Jason Link and Alex Varkatzas
- Band photographs by Sean Stiegemeier
- Digital editing by Ben Kaplan; assisted by Lee Robertson, Kurt McNally and Brian Gallant
- Effects, make-up and teeth fabrication (model) by Louie Zakarian
- Engineered by Dean Maher
- Hair (model) by Silvia McBride
- Mastered by Howie Weinberg
- Mixed by Josh Wilbur
- Model is Natalia Delano
- Photography (model) by Thomas Bogucki
- Produced by GGGarth
- Re-touching (model) by Peter Possenti
- Styling (model) by Selena Leong
Album - Billboard (North America)
|2004||US Billboard 200||32|
|US Independent Albums||1|