The Curse of La Llorona
|The Curse of La Llorona|
|Directed by||Michael Chaves|
|Music by||Joseph Bishara|
|Edited by||Peter Gvozdas|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros. Pictures|
The Curse of La Llorona is an upcoming American supernatural horror film directed by Michael Chaves, and written by Mikki Daughtry and Tobias Iaconis. It stars Linda Cardellini, Raymond Cruz, and Patricia Velásquez. James Wan is serving as a producer through his Atomic Monster Productions banner.
When Anna Garcia, a social worker and widow raising her two kids in 1973 Los Angeles, is called to check in on one of her cases, she finds signs of foul play. As she digs deeper, she finds striking similarities between the case and the terrifying supernatural occurrences haunting her family. Enlisting the help of a local faith healer, she discovers that La Llorona has latched herself onto Anna and will stop at nothing to take her children.
La Llorona, which is also known as the Weeping Woman is a female ghost in Mexican folklore who lost her children and causes misfortune to those nearby. As she searches for them, she takes other lost children, making them her own. Anna turns to mysticism with the help of a disillusioned priest to fight the evil entity.
- Linda Cardellini as Anna Garcia
- Raymond Cruz
- Patricia Velásquez
- Marisol Ramirez as La Llorona
- Sean Patrick Thomas
- Jaynee-Lynne Kinchen as Samantha
- Roman Christou as Chris
- Tony Amendola as Father Perez
- DeLaRosa Rivera as David Garcia
- Madeleine McGraw as April
- Sierra Heuermann as Sam
- Sophia Santi as Bocanegra / Female customer
- Oliver Alexander as Carlos
- Jethan Camarena as Simon
On October 9, 2017 it was announced that James Wan was producing a horror film directed by Michael Chaves and starring Linda Cardellini, then titled The Children. It was also announced that Sean Patrick Thomas and Raymond Cruz would be co-starring in the film. In July 2018, the film was retitled The Curse of La Llorona.
- Kroll, Justin (October 9, 2017). "Linda Cardellini to Star in James Wan Horror-Thriller 'The Children' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Squires, John (October 9, 2017). "Linda Cardellini Will Star in New Line's James Wan-Produced 'The Children'". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- McNary, Dave (2018-07-19). "Film News Roundup: Horror Movie Re-Titled 'The Curse of La Llorona' for Spring Release". Variety. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- Miska, Brad (July 13, 2018). "New Line Cinema's 'The Children' Gets New Title: 'The Curse of La Llorona' #SDCC". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved July 13, 2018.
- "First Trailer for New Horror Film 'The Curse of La Llorona' Arrives". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- Righetti, Jamie (2018-10-18). "'The Curse of La Llorona' Trailer: One of Mexico's Scariest Legends Comes to Life, Courtesy of James Wan". IndieWire. Retrieved 2018-10-28.
- Barkan, Jonathan (October 9, 2017). "Linda Cardellini to Take on The Children in James Wan-Produced Feature". Dread Central. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Kroll, Justin (October 11, 2017). "'Barbershop's' Sean Patrick Thomas Joins James Wan's Horror Film 'The Children'". Variety. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Couch, Aaron (October 11, 2017). "Raymond Cruz Joins New Line Horror Movie 'The Children' (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 9, 2018.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray (July 19, 2018). "'The Curse Of La Llorona' Terrifies ScareDiego With First Look, 'It: Chapter 2' & 'The Nun' Debut Unnerving New Footage – Comic-Con". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- "That's a wrap! Had an amazing time working with old friends and now the best new ones on The Children directed by Michael Chaves. #setlifeisthebestlife 🎥🎬🎭". Instagram.