The Daily (News Corporation)
The front page of the first issue, February 2, 2011
|Type||Daily news application|
|News editor||Michael Nizza|
|Opinion editor||Rob Herritt|
|Sports editor||Chris D'Amico|
It was originally planned to launch The Daily in San Francisco on January 19, 2011, however the launch was delayed by News Corporation and Apple. The Daily was launched on February 2, 2011 at the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum in New York City.
The Daily is the first publication that made public the identity of Karen Kraushaar, a former employee of National Restaurant Association who filed accusation of sexual harassment against then CEO of the association and 2012 Republican presidential primaries candidate Herman Cain.
- Adams, Russell (January 14, 2011). "News Corp. and Apple Delay Launch of The Daily for iPad". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved January 16, 2011.
- Kafka, Peter (January 13, 2011). "A Delay for the Daily: Apple, News Corp. Push Back Launch Date". All Things Digital. Retrieved January 27, 2011.
- Horn, Leslie (January 27, 2011). "'The Daily,' News Corp's iPad-only Paper, Launching Feb. 2". PC Magazine. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- Webster, Andrew (12 July 2012). "The Daily reportedly put 'on watch' as News Corp. looks to cut costs". The Verge. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Alex, Wilhelm (14 July 2012). "The Daily's 100,000 subscribers are likely far too few to keep it afloat". The Next Web. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- Tartaglione, Nancy (December 3, 2012). News Corp. Reveals Details Of Proposed Separation Of Businesses; Entertainment Company To Be Called Fox Group. Deadline.com. Retrieved December 3, 2012.
- Ingraham, Nathan (3 December 2012). "First iPad-only newspaper 'The Daily' shutting down on December 15th". The Verge. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Tablet newspaper doomed to fail". 3 News NZ. December 5, 2012.
- Moos, Julie. "The Daily names original Herman Cain accuser". Retrieved November 9, 2011.
|This article about a United States newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|