The Rundown with José Diaz-Balart
|The Rundown with José Diaz-Balart|
|Presented by||Chuck Todd (2010–14)|
Savannah Guthrie (2010–11)
Jose Diaz-Balart (2014–15)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Production location(s)||Washington DC (2010–14)|
Miami, Florida (2014–15)
|Running time||60 minutes (2010–14)|
120 minutes (2014–15)
|Picture format||480i (16:9 letterbox SDTV)|
|Original release||January 11, 2010 –|
October 2, 2015
|Preceded by||The Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd|
|Followed by||MSNBC Live with Jose Diaz-Balart|
The Rundown with José Diaz-Balart is an American political news talk show that aired on MSNBC. The show premiered on January 11, 2010, and hosted by Jose Diaz-Balart. The program aired in the 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. timeslot on weekdays.
The show premiered as the hour-long The Daily Rundown on January 11, 2010, running in the 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. timeslot on weekdays, and featured news, interviews, and analysis relating to politics from the MSNBC Washington D.C. Bureau. The show is billed as showcasing the depth and experience of the NBC News Washington bureau. The show primarily focuses on the top political stories of the day.
From launch until June 2011, original host Chuck Todd was joined by then White House correspondent Savannah Guthrie. Guthrie left on June 3, 2011 in preparation for her new role as a co-host of NBC's Today. Since her departure, Todd anchored the broadcast alone. Eventually, the show become known as The Daily Rundown with Chuck Todd.
As part of NBC's plan to move Todd to anchor Meet the Press beginning September 7, 2014, Todd handed over his role as anchor for The Daily Rundown. He was replaced by José Diaz-Balart as part of a new, expanded version of the program. The show in its new two-hour format, having absorbed Diaz-Balart's eponymous hour-long show (broadcast after The Daily Rundown in the 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. timeslot on weekdays), debuted on November 17, 2014 as The Rundown with José Diaz-Balart.
As part of a wider restructuring of MSNBC's dayside programming, Diaz-Balart's programming was moved under the more generic MSNBC Live branding on October 5, 2015.
- Rothstein, Betsy (January 5, 2010). "MSNBC Putting Final Touches on "Daily Rundown"". Fishbowl DC. Media Bistro.
- Guthrie, Marisa (December 14, 2009). "MSNBC Adding 'Daily Rundown' to Schedule in January". Broadcasting & Cable.
- 'Chuck on getting 'dumped' by Savannah' - Politico
- 'Meredith Vieira announces she’s leaving ‘Today;’ Ann Curry, Natalie Morales, Savannah Guthrie upped at #1 Morning Show' - MediaBistro
- Chuck Todd to solo anchor ‘The Daily Rundown’ - MediaBistro
- Carter, Bill (2014-08-14). "NBC Chooses Chuck Todd to Replace David Gregory on 'Meet the Press'". The New York Times.
- MSNBC Expanding ‘The Daily Rundown’ to 2 Hours Hosted by José Díaz-Balart - The Wrap
| MSNBC Weekday Lineup
9:00AM – 10:00AM