The Daily Stoic
|Author||Ryan Holiday, Stephen Hanselman|
|Genre||Non-fiction, daily devotional|
Profile Books (UK)
|October 18, 2016|
|Media type||Hardcover, paperback, ebook|
|LC Class||B528.H65 2016|
|Preceded by||Ego Is the Enemy|
The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living is a daily devotional book of stoic philosophy co-authored by Ryan Holiday and Stephen Hanselman. It is Holiday's fifth book and Hanselman's debut as an author.
The Daily Stoic is an original translation of selections from several stoic philosophers including Epictetus, Marcus Aurelius, Seneca, Musonius Rufus, Zeno and others. It aims to provide lessons about personal growth, life management and practicing mindfulness.
The book is intended to be read one page per day with each page featuring a quote from a stoic philosopher along with commentary. It is organized temporally and thematically across the twelve months of the year.
The audiobook version of The Daily Stoic was published by Tim Ferriss.
The Daily Stoic debuted on the USA Today bestsellers list as well as the Wall Street Journal bestsellers list, where it remained for eleven weeks and ranked as high as #2 overall. The book was also featured in the New York Times, Huffington Post, Business Insider, The Guardian, and by James Romm of the Wall Street Journal.
- ^ a b Alexandra Alter (6 December 2016). "Ryan Holiday Sells Stoicism as a Life Hack, Without Apology". New York Times. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ Jay Powell (9 January 2017). "The importance of having rituals". Columbia Daily Herald. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ Michael Shammas (24 October 2017). "Where Is Happiness? The Question Was Answered Two Millennia Ago". Huffington Post. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ Maria Popova (18 October 2016). "The Daily Stoic: Timeless Wisdom on Character, Fortitude, Self-Control, and the Art of Living from Seneca, Epictetus, and Marcus Aurelius". Brain Pickings. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living. Audible. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ "Best-Selling Books Week Ended Oct. 23". Wall Street Journal. October 28, 2016 – via www.wsj.com.
- ^ "Best-Selling Books Week Ended Dec. 18". Wall Street Journal. 23 December 2017. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ "The Daily Stoic, USA Today Best-Selling Books". USA Today. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ Caroline Beaton (19 December 2016). "When Everything's Going Wrong At Work, This Is The Personality Trait You Need". Huffington Post. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ Ryan Holiday (18 October 2016). "The philosophy of Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius is supposed to help you be more resilient and at peace – here's how to master it in 7 days". Business Insider. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ Ryan Holiday (11 December 2016). "How would the Stoics cope today?". The Guardian. Retrieved 9 February 2017.
- ^ James Romm (7 November 2016). "Real Locker Room Talk". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 9 February 2017.