The Daily Wire
|Type||News and opinion website|
|Owner(s)||Forward Publishing LLC|
|Managing editors||Michael J. Knowles|
|Launched||September 21, 2015|
The Daily Wire is an American conservative news and opinion website founded in 2015 by political commentator Ben Shapiro. He currently serves as editor-in-chief, Michael Knowles is managing editor, and Jeremy Boreing is Chief Operating Officer.
History and content
In addition to its written content, the site produces The Ben Shapiro Show, The Michael Knowles Show, The Matt Walsh Show, and The Andrew Klavan Show. The Ben Shapiro Show webcast predates The Daily Wire.
According to Snopes, "DailyWire.com has a tendency to share stories that are taken out of context or not verified." Among the falsehoods published on The Daily Wire include protesters digging up Confederate graves, Democratic congresspeople refusing to stand for a fallen Navy SEAL's widow, and Harvard University holding segregated commencement ceremonies.
FactCheck.Org found that The Daily Wire was the source of a false story which credited Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson with finding over $500 billion in accounting errors made by the Obama administration. FactCheck.org found that the errors were discovered and published by HUD's independent inspector general before Carson became secretary.
The Daily Wire has published a number of articles which cast doubt that climate change is occurring and that humans contribute to climate change. Experts have described the articles as inaccurate and misleading.
- Gold, Hadas (March 14, 2016). "Michelle Fields, Ben Shapiro Resign from Breitbart". Retrieved August 15, 2017.
- "Political commentator Ben Shapiro to Speak at Roanoke College on Thursday". Retrieved September 20, 2016.
- Maddaus, Gene (January 19, 2017). "Inside the Battle 'For the Soul of Conservative Media'". Variety. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Huston, Warner Todd (March 9, 2017). "Blank Book Titled Reasons to Vote for Democrats Tops Amazon Bestseller List". Brietbart. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- Peters, Jeremy W. (2017-10-31). "In the Heart of 'The Resistance,' California Conservatives Are Invigorated". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-04-30.
- "Podcasts". The Daily Wire. Retrieved April 25, 2018.
- Klein, Philip (August 15, 2017). "A High-Speed Train Wreck for Obama and Liberalism". The Washington Examiner. Retrieved August 15, 2017.
- Sparber, Max (June 14, 2010). "Big Government, Little Government". MinnPost. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- "Why 'The Daily Wire' Will No Longer Publish Names Or Pictures Of Mass Shooters". Daily Wire. 2018-02-19. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "The Left and Right's Very Different Takes on What Caused Parkland Shooting". pluralist.com. 2018-02-20. Retrieved 2018-02-28.
- "FACT CHECK: Is Mohammed the Most Popular Name for Newborn Boys in the Netherlands?". Snopes.com. Retrieved 2018-04-29.
- "Carson Didn't Find HUD Errors - FactCheck.org". FactCheck.org. 2017-04-19. Retrieved 2018-04-29.
- "Daily Wire article misunderstands study on carbon budget (along with Fox News, The Telegraph, The Daily Mail, Breitbart…)". Climate Feedback. 2017-09-21. Retrieved 2018-04-29.
- "The Daily Wire makes wild claims about climate change based on no evidence". Climate Feedback. 2017-05-09. Retrieved 2018-04-29.
- "Analysis of "Scientists: Here's What Really Causes Climate Change (And It Has Nothing To Do With Human Beings)"". Climate Feedback. 2017-02-28. Retrieved 2018-04-29.
|This article about a news website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|