The Dalek Generation
Doctor Who book:|
New Series Adventures
|11 April 2013|
|Preceded by||Plague of the Cybermen|
|Followed by||Shroud of Sorrow|
The Doctor rescues three children from a spaceship after their parents have committed suicide rather than be captured by the Daleks. Returning the children to their home planet the Doctor is shocked to discover that the majority of humanity now considers the Daleks to be benefactors, the horrors they have inflicted in the past apparently forgotten. Contrary to all logic the Daleks have rescued billions of humans from poverty during a galactic economic crisis, settling them on countless ‘Foundation Worlds’ terraformed for the purpose. As, one by one, the children are taken from the Doctor and he fails to convince anyone regarding the Daleks’ true nature, he discovers a Dalek plot to use a gigantic, ancient alien device of incredible power for their own ends. Not until it is nearly too late does he realise that he is being manipulated by the Dalek Time Controller to bring their plan to fruition.
- The character of the Dalek Time Controller also appears in the Big Finish Productions Doctor Who audio dramas Patient Zero (2009), Lucie Miller (2011), To the Death (2011), Dark Eyes (2012), Dark Eyes 2 (2014) and Dark Eyes 4 (2015).
|Audio read by||Nicholas Briggs|
|Subject||Featuring: Eleventh Doctor|
|6 June 2013|
Audio CD (5 Hours 46 Mins)
An unabridged audiobook version of The Dalek Generation, read by Nicholas Briggs, was released on 6 June 2013.
- Jones, Tony (18 April 2013). "Book Review: THE DALEK GENERATION (DOCTOR WHO)". Starburst. Starburst Magazine Ltd. Retrieved 10 September 2014.
- Paul McGann, Sheridan Smith, Carole Ann Ford, Jake McGann, Niky Wardley, John Banks, Barnaby Edwards, Nicholas Briggs (cast), Nicholas Briggs (author/director), Andy Hardwick (music/sound design) (31 March 2011). Doctor Who: To the Death (CD). Berkshire: Big Finish Productions. ISBN 978-1-84435-503-7. 4.10.
- The Dalek Generation at The TARDIS Library
- The Dalek Generation on Tardis Data Core, an external wiki