The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
|The Dark Crystal:|
Age of Resistance
|Directed by||Louis Leterrier|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||The Jim Henson Company|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1|
The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance is an upcoming Netflix television series. It is a prequel to the 1982 Jim Henson film The Dark Crystal. There will be ten episodes and the series will explore the world of Thra created for the original movie.
The story will follow an epic journey by three Gelflings to light the fires of rebellion and save their world, after they discover the secret behind the Skeksis’ power.
In May 2017, it was announced that The Jim Henson Company, in association with Netflix, would produce a prequel to the film The Dark Crystal. The series began filming in the United Kingdom in November 2017 with Louis Leterrier serving as director. The prequel will be written by Jeffrey Addiss, Will Matthews, and Javier Grillo-Marxuach.
- ""The Dark Crystal" prequel series coming to Netflix". Retrieved 2017-11-27.
- "Netflix Announces "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance," A Prequel Series to the Groundbreaking Jim Henson Film". Netflix Media Center. Retrieved 2018-06-19.
- Petski, Denise (May 18, 2017). "'The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance': Jim Henson Prequel Series Set At Netflix". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- "The Dark Crystal: Netflix's prequel TV show starts filming this week". Cultbox. November 27, 2017. Retrieved November 27, 2017.
- Squires, John (9 October 2018). "Netflix Prequel Series "The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance" Will Be "Pure Puppetry," With No CGI!". Bloody Disgusting. Retrieved 10 October 2018.
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|