The Dark Secret of Harvest Home
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Dark Secret of Harvest Home is a television thriller miniseries, produced by Universal TV and directed by Leo Penn, that aired January 23–24, 1978 on NBC. The screenplay was based on the 1973 novel Harvest Home by Tom Tryon.
- Bette Davis – Widow Fortune
- David Ackroyd – Nick Constantine
- Rosanna Arquette – Kate Constantine
- Rene Auberjonois – Jack Stump
- John Calvin – Justin Hooke
- Norman Lloyd – Amys Penrose
- Linda Marsh – Maggie Dodd
- Joanna Miles – Beth Constantine
- Michael O'Keefe – Worthy Pettinger
- Laurie Prange – Sophie Hooke
- Lina Raymond – Tamar Penrose
- Tracey Gold – Missy Penrose
The miniseries was shown on TNT in 1992, in two parts. This two-parter was the full 3-hour, 48-minute version.
It was later broadcast in a slightly truncated version, running just about 3 hours, on the Sci-Fi Channel at some point in the mid-1990s. Many bootleg copies are taken from this source.
The Dark Secret Of Harvest Home has been released on video; this version is more heavily edited, running only 2 hours long.
The chapters to this series are:
- Part 1: Ploughing Day, Planting Day, Agnes Fair, Choosing The Young Lord, The Day Of Seasoning
- Part 2: Tithing Day, Sheaving Tide, Husking Bee, Corn Play, Kindling Night, Harvest Home
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|