The Darkening Eye
|The Darkening Eye|
|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Featuring||Nyssa of Traken|
|Written by||Stewart Sheargold|
|Directed by||Ken Bentley|
|Release date||December 2008|
The Companion Chronicles "talking books" are each narrated by one of the Doctor's companions and feature a second, guest-star voice along with music and sound effects.
Separated from the Doctor after an accident, Adric, Tegan and Nyssa are salvaged by an ancient race of collectors known as Dar Traders.
- This is the first play to feature the Fifth Doctor, Adric, Nyssa and Tegan together, as Matthew Waterhouse was not willing to perform for Big Finish at the time. Adric appeared in The Boy That Time Forgot, although played by Andrew Sachs.
- Much of Nyssa's life on her home world of Traken is dealt with, including the Melkurs and the murder of her father at the hands of the Master, all seen in her first TV story The Keeper of Traken. Nyssa relates The Darkening Eye from Terminus, the space station where she parted company with the Doctor.
- Adric's death in Earthshock is also heavily foreshadowed.
- The dimensionally resilient Dwarf Star Alloy was used in Warriors' Gate (written by Stephen Gallagher who also wrote Terminus)
- This story is a prequel to the Seventh Doctor story The Death Collectors, which also features the Dar Traders.
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|