The Debian System
The Debian System is a 2005 non-fiction book written by Martin Krafft which deals exclusively with Debian GNU/Linux, detailing its internal workings. The book is mostly for the experienced users seeking in-depth technical knowledge, rather than for beginners.
The author's native language is German but he decided to write it in Debian's de facto language which is English.
- ISBN 978-3-937514-07-9, available only in central Europe.
- ISBN 978-1-59327-069-8, available worldwide, notable for its cover featuring a surfing cow.
- German edition, ISBN 978-3-937514-17-8, translated by Ute Hertzog and Martin Krafft
- Japanese edition, ISBN 978-4-8399-1897-2, translated by Kenshi Muto and Junichi Uekawa]
- French edition, ISBN 978-2-212-11904-6, translated by Raphaël Hertzog and Roland Mas