The Demand Institute
|Headquarters||New York, NY, USA|
|Mark Leiter, Chair
Jonathan Spector, Vice Chair
Louise Keely, President
|Parent||The Conference Board
The Demand Institute is a non-profit think tank that focuses on understanding how consumer demand is evolving around the world. The Demand Institute was founded in 2012 and is jointly operated by The Conference Board and Nielsen and is headquartered in New York City.
The Demand Institute's first report on consumer demand was The Shifting Nature of U.S. Housing Demand, published in May 2012. 
The United Nations Foundation joined forces with The Demand Institute to launch Project 8, a global collaboration to help the world better anticipate the needs of 8 billion people in 2025 and beyond.  The program was publicly announced at DreamForce in October 2014
- "Conference Board and Nielsen launch The Demand Institute".
- "Bloomberg: Jon Spector and Mark Leiter discuss launch of The Demand Institute".
- "Time Magazine: The Demand Institute says Housing Market Recovery Has Officially Begun". May 15, 2012.
- "WSJ: U.S. Housing Markets Face Growing Wealth Inequality". The Wall Street Journal.
- "The Washington Post: More than half of U.S. housing wealth concentrated in 10 percent of communities".
- "Federal Reserve Bank of New York Survey Provides Insight into American's Views on Economic Issues".
- "CNBC: Fed Survey: Consumers expect better credit, higher health bills".
- "UN Foundation Features: Project 8".
- "A Digital Demand Commons for Future Human Needs".