|This article does not cite any references or sources. (November 2006)|
The Department is a satirical comedy on BBC Radio 4 about a secret organisation with the power to influence every aspect of your life.
Chris Addison, John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman star as Research Team 32, an eccentric three-man think-tank with the brief to brainstorm new ideas on solving society's problems. The Department is written and performed by Chris Addison, John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman (series three written only by Oliver and Zaltzman), with Peter Dickson, Matthew Holness and Lucy Montgomery.
- Oscar Proud (Chris Addison) - Team 32's team leader and historian. Very patriotic and nostalgic for the time of the British Empire, but generally moral.
- Victor Gooch (John Oliver) - Team 32's lawyer. Ruthless and cheerfully amoral.
- Lazlo Wolfe (Andy Zaltzman) - Team 32's scientist. Deeply in love with 'Wendy'.
- Keith Bilk (Matthew Holness) - Undersecretary to the Department Committee. Very organised, fit, talented and obnoxious. Despises Team 32.
- "Tony" - A Department canteen worker, although also seen working in security. Also despises Team 32, especially Victor.
Series 1 (2004)
1. 1.01 Education (7 January)
2. 1.02 Public Transportation (14 January)
3. 1.03 The Army (21 January)
Series 2 (2005)
4. 2.01 Crime and Punishment (12 July)
5. 2.02 Democracy (19 July)
6. 2.03 The Environment (26 July)
7. 2.04 Europe (2 August)
8. 2.05 Health (9 August)
Series 3 (2006)
9. 3.01 Tax and Public Spending (2 August)
10. 3.02 Terrorism (9 August) [postponed from 16 August 2005]
11. 3.03 Trade (16 August)
12. 3.04 Immigration (23 August)
13. 3.05 Science and Technology (30 August)
14. 3.06 Making Britain Great Again (6 September)
|This BBC Radio–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a radio show or programme in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|