Devastations at The Water Rats, Kings Cross, London, UK. September, 2007.
|Labels||Spooky/MGM, Beggars Banquet|
Devastations are an indie rock band from Melbourne, Australia. The band was founded in 2002 by the three friends Tom Carlyon, Hugo Cran and Conrad Standish after the end of their former band Luxedo.
The band was signed to Beggars Banquet Records, has released three albums and has toured extensively in Europe, where two of the band members live. Their debut album was named by Rolling Stone Germany as the best debut of 2004.
Confirmed to be making an appearance on the upcoming tribute to The Cure on Manimal Vinyl in the Fall 2008. In 2009, the Devastations contributed to the AIDS benefit album Dark Was the Night produced by the Red Hot Organization.
- Tom Carlyon: guitar, piano
- Hugo Cran: drums
- Conrad Standish: vocals, bass
- The Devastations – Spooky/MGM, Munster (Cargo Records) (5 May 2003)
- Coal - Shock Records, Beggars Banquet Records (19 September 2005)
- Yes, U - Beggars Banquet Records (17 September 2007)
- Devastations - Brassland Records (2010)
- Allmusic biography, Mackenzie Wilson
- Donovan, Patrick (14 December 2007), "Crossing Borders", The Age
- The Devastations Interview, Matt Connors, Time Off
- Devastations profile at Remote Control Records website
- "The ARIA Report" (PDF) (689). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). 5 May 2003. p. 30. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 May 2003. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "The ARIA Report" (PDF) (812). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). 19 September 2005. p. 30. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 October 2005. Retrieved 1 October 2015.
- "The ARIA Report" (PDF) (915). Australian Recording Industry Association (ARIA). 17 September 2007. p. 30. Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 October 2007. Retrieved 1 October 2015.